Sonic Electronix

Looking for a quality amp that can push about 1200 - 1500 actual RMS @ 2 ohms. Class D and smaller design prefferred, mono block. This is for my L7 sub

Been looking at the new Kicker amps. i like how small they are, and are CEA certified but want to see if i could find better out there.

no budget set yet. i just want to check out some stuff that actually pushes this wattage range. hard to know what amps put out their speced output.

Have a look around on this site. Everyone here uses amps that do rated power or more than rated power. Also, look for a amp that does 3Kw at 1ohm, that way it should do a little over 1.5Kw at 2ohms. I would personally say Atomic 3000.1D, but thats just because I'm using one at the moment. Sundown, Rockford Fosgate etc. etc. would work great too.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Most amps of that stature arent gonna have too small of a design. How big are you talking?

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Sold out till end of august but Cresendo 3kw Rated power at 2 ohm @ 13.8V @ .3% THD 1650w $550

96 GRAND MARQUIS

2 Kole Kmx 15s

6.0 A.E. box tuned to 42Hz

1/0g power and ground

Huge Duralast batt.

Stock 130a alt

Amplifier - Dual XiA2460(hardcore p.o.s.)

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X693

AudioControl Three.1

Audiobahn bass line driver

Teh Big 3 in Kollosus Fleks 1/0

Funny Youtube Shit MATUXAZ

2 weeks ago "In wikipedia i found that this sub in 1997's unofficial private SPLdB drag was burned down the dB meter! The dB was over 300 and the system burned down. Actually, 300dB is only about ¼ of this prototype sound level."

I don't know anything about guns... so when I saw the title I thought, "I wonder what kind of woofer the AR-15 is?"

*laughs*

Twisted, I would stay away from that guy, the next video he uploads could be you tied up in his living room while being forced to watch him "swag and cook" in person, lol.

thanks guys. I don't think my L7 could probably handle much more than 1500. i mean it is rated at 750, so don't wanna push too hard. plus its a ported box and i'm on stock charging system.

I'm looking at MTX Elite atm, but both higher end amps are 1000w @ 2ohm and other is 2200 @ 2ohm.

Do you guys think my L7 would be ok with 2200?

By small i mean like how some of the new digital amps are, like Kicker's or RF's, their smaller than most for the output.

I'm done with Rockford, plus i hate their new design. Stetsom is kinda odd brand, i'm sure their good, but telling friends i have a Stetsom never hearing of them before and they'd probably give me the same look as if i bought a Pyramid or Boss amp. lol

MTX seems to have a lot of really nice features for a mono block but i'm not certain which of their series is the best. Jackhammer, Thunder elite?..which is their flagship?

I keep amps around for years (still have old RF punch 60) and is why i want a top quality one, something i can still use in 10 yrs and be respectable and/or worth something.

Id get a amp that does like 1000RMS to that sub, I have never seen a L& handle 1500, when rated for 750. I mean for daily use I might not go more then 1000. And thats if you have good electrical and good box, and clean signal

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

thanks guys. I don't think my L7 could probably handle much more than 1500. i mean it is rated at 750, so don't wanna push too hard. plus its a ported box and i'm on stock charging system.

I'm looking at MTX Elite atm, but both higher end amps are 1000w @ 2ohm and other is 2200 @ 2ohm.

Do you guys think my L7 would be ok with 2200?By small i mean like how some of the new digital amps are, like Kicker's or RF's, their smaller than most for the output.

I'm done with Rockford, plus i hate their new design. Stetsom is kinda odd brand, i'm sure their good, but telling friends i have a Stetsom never hearing of them before and they'd probably give me the same look as if i bought a Pyramid or Boss amp. lol

MTX seems to have a lot of really nice features for a mono block but i'm not certain which of their series is the best. Jackhammer, Thunder elite?..which is their flagship?

I keep amps around for years (still have old RF punch 60) and is why i want a top quality one, something i can still use in 10 yrs and be respectable and/or worth something.

No. unless you set the gains pretty low i wouldn't do that.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.