GRITS Posted July 16, 2010 Report Posted July 16, 2010 Just to clarify Skittles is talking about your family doctor. By all means look up your local Mental Heath Agency tell them that you need someone to talk to. Sometimes a person needs nothing more than to feel validated in how they are feeling, the crisis hotlines are there to reach out to also. And Dan208, for seasonal depression, or very mild depression your not going to be hopped up on drugs to where you feel like a zombie, those meds like that are for those that have Schiz or Bi Polar. But dont just take our word for it speak to a professional. And if at anytime your feeling suicidal Get Help & Call 1-800-273 TALK (1-800-273-8255) National Suicide Prevention Hotline
skittlesRgood Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 this is the best thread ive ever seen on SMD. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
JEMT8 Posted July 17, 2010 Author Report Posted July 17, 2010 I really appreciate all the serious responses in here guys. And great advice Skittles. I was thinking that it might be a good idea for me to get help or see a councilor because it's interfering with my work among other things. formerly known as Jaylor Swift
GRITS Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 Lots of people suffer from depression. Like I said before theres that social stigma attached to people with "mental health" issues. Others need to learn about the different illnesses so that they know how to better understand how the person suffering is feeling and help them get better or stay focused . And that goes for anxiety, panic attacks, bi polar, and schiz. And yes the internet is a great source of information; but you should also consult with a professional just so you dont get lead in the wrong direction. And just so you guys understand, keeping busy is a good thing; but not to keep your mind off of whats troubling you. All that accomplishes is putting it in the back of your mind for it to keep building until you explode. You need to face your demons head on and deal with them instead of ignoring it.
EricR Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 Iam not diagnosed with anything, but I get on Xanax when I do get stressed out, heart palpitation's, etc about twice a year I do get depressed just being away from my son, haven't seen him in years. and his birthday is coming up, so I will probably drink alot for a week, and want to be alone for that week I know I have problems showing emotions, basically my gf now, and gfs in the past always talked about how Iam just like monotone, on the personality, I dont get sad, I dont talk to people, all I do is get mad and also hold shit inside of me but not diagnosed with anything, but I wouldnt know, no medical Sounds like you were describing me. I'm the same way, show no emotion. I've been fucked over so many times I am just done trying to be nice to people in general. Check into jwh-018, it's been helping me the past few months. i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
skittlesRgood Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 I really appreciate all the serious responses in here guys. And great advice Skittles. I was thinking that it might be a good idea for me to get help or see a councilor because it's interfering with my work among other things. i love to study psychology, looks like GRITS does too because he is giving good advise and has a great point of view on this. if you ever need any help feel free to pm me. im no professional but i can point you in the right direction. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
skittlesRgood Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 Sounds like you were describing me. I'm the same way, show no emotion. I've been fucked over so many times I am just done trying to be nice to people in general. Check into jwh-018, it's been helping me the past few months. there are a lot of fucked up people in the world. but you cant stop looking or stop giving people a chance. you will only miss out on the good ones and turn yourself into one of the bad ones. i love the quote "how do you change the world? one act of random kindness at a time". be an example of the way you want the world around you to be and with luck you will inspire some one else to be a better person. thats the only way we are going to make this place better for our kids. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
zayres29 Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 smoke weed Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
JEMT8 Posted July 17, 2010 Author Report Posted July 17, 2010 smoke weed That actually made my anxiety worse to be honest. formerly known as Jaylor Swift
GRITS Posted July 17, 2010 Report Posted July 17, 2010 i love to study psychology, looks like GRITS does too because he is giving good advise and has a great point of view on this. if you ever need any help feel free to pm me. im no professional but i can point you in the right direction. I'm a she...lol, No I dont study psychology, I just have a very long history with it 19 yrs, oh lord that makes me feel old. I have been hospitalized for being suicidal (in my teens). I have been to shrinks off and on (I go when I know I can't pick myself up without help). I was sexually abused by my father. My brother hung himself in 96. My sister had her kids taken and were adopted out in 01. Lost everything to an F4 tornado. 08 Neighbors apartment caught fire. 09 And watched a neighbor die of cancer in Dec. 09 So yes I have had my share of pain in life, it might take some help now and then but I always land back on my feet. I am not in anyway trying to say my life has been harder than anyone elses, so dont feel as if I am. And just because I'm a woman doesnt make me any stronger (mental health) wise then any of you guys. I'm just saying that if I can overcome these experiences (with help) anyone of you can also. I just wanted yall to know where I was coming from and why I know what I do.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.