The loudest 2x 18" in the world

colder air you will meter higher

I dont see the cooling the subs, but definitely for a bit more SPL

Ive heard of people ( early 2000's/Late 90's) shooting nitrogen, or freon in the car before a burp when everything is locked up, until it was caught on to

That was on the old meters. That was a mic not a sensor. The mic would change from day to day. You could meter a 151 and then somebody could hit it hard with a 175 and then you put it back in yours and get a 140.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Great Numbers dude.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like the comments people made, aka "more subwoofers, more cone area, the louder," is meaningless since that person can hit 180+db with only **two** subwoofers. :ehh: I know it's largely depends on installation, etc. blah blah blah but still....

Seems like the comments people made, aka "more subwoofers, more cone area, the louder," is meaningless since that person can hit 180+db with only **two** subwoofers. :ehh: I know it's largely depends on installation, etc. blah blah blah but still....

:facepalm:

--Sampson cool.gif

816-591-6592

www.kcrimshop.com

:facepalm:

Keyword: "seems". Doesn't mean I'm right. Again I've said there are many different factors, type of cars/vans/etc., etc., which I'm sure you'll agree with me on that. I've seen some setup that got a lot of subwoofers and ton of powers in order to try and reach the highest dB. And yet, this guy, with only two 18" subwoofers was able to do 180+dB level. In my opinion, I thought it was truly amazing. It's something that not many people are able to reach that level (from the point of my view, anyway.)

-Smurfboy

Keyword: "seems". Doesn't mean I'm right. Again I've said there are many different factors, type of cars/vans/etc., etc., which I'm sure you'll agree with me on that. I've seen some setup that got a lot of subwoofers and ton of powers in order to try and reach the highest dB. And yet, this guy, with only two 18" subwoofers was able to do 180+dB level. In my opinion, I thought it was truly amazing. It's something that not many people are able to reach that level (from the point of my view, anyway.)

-Smurfboy

He's also running probably close to 60,000 watts rms...

Your claims to an extent are true. In the most perfect enclosure as well as environment one subwoofer may perform better than two of the same kind. Though, in most cases, we do not have the exact materials, time, money, technology, etc. to fabricate these things. Therefore to the typical car audio addict, double power, or double the cone area, gain roughly 3 dbs. 8)B)

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

double power, or double the cone area, gain roughly 3 dbs. 8)B)

wait what!? say for example you're hitting a 150.0 with your exact setup and you add another 15" xl, you will automatically be hitting a 153.0? I think you have your facts mixed up

Archived