Sonic Electronix

So my main concern here is whether or not sonic electronix will replace my sub. My Alpine Type-R 12" dual 4 ohm sub just took a crap on me, and I have no clue why. The wiring was right (2 ohm), the enclosure was sized correctly, the tuning was done by a professional, but after a few weeks, it started smelling pretty awful, and now all I get is this rattle-like sound. Will they replace it? I know their warranty states that they won't, but I've read elsewhere that they do.

So my main concern here is whether or not sonic electronix will replace my sub. My Alpine Type-R 12" dual 4 ohm sub just took a crap on me, and I have no clue why. The wiring was right (2 ohm), the enclosure was sized correctly, the tuning was done by a professional, but after a few weeks, it started smelling pretty awful, and now all I get is this rattle-like sound. Will they replace it? I know their warranty states that they won't, but I've read elsewhere that they do.

9/10 times they will not replace burned subs sucks dude im sorry

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

sounds like you clipped the sub to death... And honestly i'd never let anyone but myself touc any of my amps because I know my buddy has some cheap bazooka in his jeep that he had installed at best buy, and on the internal amp the gain is all the way, bass boost is all the way, and bass knob all the way. Honestly idk how it hasn't blown, but still. next time, l2 set gains and you won't blow anything up :D

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

l2 set gains

lrn2meme. ban2.gif

(lrn2[noun] OR l2[noun])

It would be lrn2gains.

ALSO:

Untitled-6.png

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

"professional" I hope you don't mean worst.. I mean best buy.

I have been running 500watts through a type r 10" for some months now and it never even gets warm. Plus, my sub is in a sealed enclosure. I set my gains myself. It is better to know you done it right.

Sonic will most likely tell you to send it to Alpine. Alpine will tell you that you burned it up by clipping and you won't get anything.

-edited to keep crying to a minimum, but what is the point when someone quoted me. *facepalm*

Edited by 901casper240

casperpaint.jpg

-sig made in paint lol

"professional" I hope you don't mean worst.. I mean best buy.

I have been running 500watts through a type r 10" for some months now and it never even gets warm. Plus, my sub is in a sealed enclosure. I set my gains myself. It is better to know you done it right.

Sonic will most likely tell you to send it to Alpine. Alpine will tell you that you burned it up by clipping and you won't get anything.

Now, I don't know if I am bending or breaking forum rules on this last part, so edit out if I am, please.

Go buy a new type r from best(worst) buy. Put your old sub in the new box and take it back. Tell them it never worked and you want your money back.

Take your new sub home and set your own gains. Go by Steve's video and I am sure if you don't understand something ask first so we can help you.

Technically that would be breaking forum rules since that's theft...

Not to mention the fact that its immoral as hell.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Yeeeaahhh.... Not such a great idea. Just buy a new one. Its that simple. And since alpine just came out with the new models, it would be kinda hard to take back an older model sub in a newer model box.

Edited by kickin00gpGT

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

Hey guys, Please don't dump on Best Buy and the installers. Just because ur an installer at Best Buy don't 'mean your an idiot. I just stopped working there for some personal issues and it was hard to fit in my schedule due to it was a second job. But installing there taught me alot about installing and also opened new windows and possibilities. Yes there are dumbass installers like the guy i replaced when i took the job but that don't mean they are all like that. I have met some damn good installers in some of the best buy bays. And if your gonna dump on them, then dump on me. but hey, I know what i'm talking about with this stuff. I've been around the block a few times

As for your sub man. I'd just get a new one/s. Places don't usually warranty burnt coils. I'd start looking for a new one.

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

id like to help you out but we need more info...

plz define the following...

"gains set by pro..."

"the enclosure was sized correctly"

"wired to 2 ohm"

if you can.. take a pic of your amp settings/wiring/box with specs....

oh and 2x on the clipping...

edit: do you have a volt meter installed in your car?? whats your electrical look like?

Edited by spl4life

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack