Started My Door Panels

Internet Person: Hey Robert?

Me: Yes?

Internet Person: How do I run new speaker wires in my Taurus to my drivers door?

Me: oh it's easy you see :rofl:

94505148.jpg

Lol!! :rofl:

Teaser pic

a8f93269.jpg

Vids and pics tomorrow. Still not done with the detail finishing :(

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. Didn't realize the AC made that much noise. Lol. I've just been lazy and busy with other shit so haven't finished them yet. I have the plexiglass and everything just have to get unlazy for a hour. Maybe this weekend. I will have LEDs in the xOver holes and it should look pretty good when done. I do have a VERY small amount of rub where the panel hits the dash. Just enough to transfer paint. So will have to do some wet sanding still. They just took so damn long to do it's hard to want to do more and finish them.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

• 3 weeks later...

So just a little update. I got unlazy and went to Lowes Depot and got some paint mixed up to "match" it is the closest I have come to matching the interior and its a little lighter then I wanted but I'm probably going to use it. This was just brushed on to see how it looks. Hoping to get unlazy again this week and roll the paint on cleaner and maybe finish the crossover housings. :ehh:

756f561e.jpg

d2d8626d.jpg

Also I have a Elemental Designs Nine.4 running the speakers now and they get friggen loud.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

i want to do mine the same way.. but i have some questions.. When you cut out that piece of the door panel, and put the wood there, how did you get it to stay? Is it fastened somehow?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

The glass bonds really good to wood not so much to plastic. I drilled a shitload of different size holes from tiny to small around the entire panel. I sat the panel flat with something holding the wood where you want it and start laying glass. By the second coat the wood has become part of the door.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

so you take the door panel off, cut out where you want your wood to be, then by finding a way to keep the wood with the cutouts even with the door you just start laying the glass? My door has a weird ass s groumet too, it's literly impossible to get through it. That's why ive been holding off on doing it cause its such a pain in the ass. Is there a way to run wire to the new speakers? im just nervous ill fuck up my door panel though hah.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Archived