Soldering Torch

oh, and will those work on these type connectors?

20-female_disconnects.jpg

i solder these with my old pistol style wenn soldering iron but i want something portable, yes i kno there solderless terminals but i solder them anyways if there something i really want to stay, i got a shit ton that have no insulation on them that i could solder and heat shrink too

yep it'll work. i used it on my friends impala for his mids/highs

oh, and will those work on these type connectors?

20-female_disconnects.jpg

i solder these with my old pistol style wenn soldering iron but i want something portable, yes i kno there solderless terminals but i solder them anyways if there something i really want to stay, i got a shit ton that have no insulation on them that i could solder and heat shrink too

I would think if you let that get too hot, it'll melt that plastic. Unless you're very careful and watch your heat.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

I would think if you let that get too hot, it'll melt that plastic. Unless you're very careful and watch your heat.

i do, ive done a few of em with no problems but some i either heat shrink or wrap in electrical tape

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I just use solder from home depot. I'm not sure what kind it is, it's not silver, i know that.. It's just a regular brand. No, no flux. I think some of the solder already has some on it - that's while you'll see pools of it at the top of your finished product after you torch your ring connectors on. And I prefer to crimp, then solder. It just adds that much more strength. I could probably pull a semi with mine lol :P

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

i use dutch boy rosin core silver solder for what i do, i messed up and got some i thought would work better but its nothing but a spool of lead really so i dunno wtf to do with it, its in my truck, i tried to use it but it just made a damn mess

oh, and when you guys solder gold plated terminals how do u get it to stick?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i use dutch boy rosin core silver solder for what i do, i messed up and got some i thought would work better but its nothing but a spool of lead really so i dunno wtf to do with it, its in my truck, i tried to use it but it just made a damn mess

oh, and when you guys solder gold plated terminals how do u get it to stick?

roll up a piece of eighty to one hundred grit sandpaper and sand the shit out of it haha. But seriously, sand the hell outa it. Who cares about gold plating anyway :P

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

why not crimp and solder? that terminal would survive a nuke....

If you crimp properly, there's nowhere to put the solder.

A correctly done hex-crimp will cold-weld the lug to the copper. Find charger's pics on here when he hacksawed one open.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived