Second Skin Audio

Fi Audio 139.9 Sq Bassracer / Redbaron

OK Guys, here goes

I got my 2005 Nissan Altima ( 4-door sedan ) and it has been bare for 2 years since i removed the last system. I was looking for something with really good sq and a decent amount of slump. So today I went to the shop and got a listen to a JL 12w6 HO box and it was NICE, good sq and decent loud. I saw the JL 13w7 HO box and am thinking about it guys. Now remember, I got my Acura for the shows so this is not for SPL.

The 13w7 HO box looks real nice and i'm sure it sounds real good, and will leave me with some trunk space still, and I can probably get it for a decent price. My question is who has owned this set up and what do you think? I have been running my two MT 15's for 1.5 years now, so I know what subs are REALLY LOUD. I just wanna see who enjoyed this set up and what do you think. Also, if you didn't own this set up, have you heard it, and what did you think?

I know there are louder set ups, but for a nice clean deep thump will this work? My set up two years ago was two 2005 re xxx 15's sealed and i ended up taking them out because I did not like the way it sounded ( bass was trapped in the trunk ). I want something simple and NOT custom so let the opinions fly

Christian

Edited by redbaron80

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

save your money up and get a single RE XXX 15(07 model) 2 sets of RE XXX compenets and throw a few Hertz or audison amps and call it a day, if your gonna do a sq system lets do it right, no JL bro sorry I just cant see you spending that kind of cash when there is better stuff for similar prices.

custom can be simple....

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

ohh it will be custom, and simple, That I can garuntee, if he goes through with this hopefull I get to do the build, I built his box that he uses in the Acura and I would love the chance to do this car too, he has great taste when it comes to his car audio.

Guest MegaloManiac
save your money up and get a single RE XXX 15(07 model) 2 sets of RE XXX compenets and throw a few Hertz or audison amps and call it a day, if your gonna do a sq system lets do it right, no JL bro sorry I just cant see you spending that kind of cash when there is better stuff for similar prices.

Dont you think 2 sets is a little much? I realise its a showcar but those xxx comps get quite loud on a single set, right?

If you get an Audison that would be tasty :licks-lips:

nahh 2 sets would really rock especially if I can talk him into that XXX 15, he will need the 2 sets its a 4 door car so one set up front one set in the rear doors I would garuntee that it would be perty loud and verrrrrry clean sounding.

Guest MegaloManiac

So this is an SQL set up? then everything sounds good

If he's doing SQ then im not sure the xxx(comps) is the path to go, i know those DLS iridiums 3way sound off the chain :)...no rear-fill

I would have to agree with David on this I have heard the Triple xxx comps and were considreing them but got a better deal on the Morels due to them being a new line for us and had to order so many to be a dealer....But the XXX's are great componants!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

OK guys, after some serious thinking JL is OUT. So back to reality... I was pondering some FI Q's or BL's and a T2000 to run whatever i get. Honestly a single 12 ported would be pretty sweet, but i am not sure if it will have enough punch so two 12's will be ok too. Dave is right, i want it clean, with a deep sound. We can use 139.9 bassrace all day long as a measure for the sound level i expect, not really loud, but good. Dave, I'll put you in charge of the box since the last one came out so good.

Remember, in 2005 i had a 2005 re xxx 15 ported tuned to 33 with a RF bd 1501 in the altima. It sounded really good and clean but the box was WAY too big. I am putting the floor back in so i can use it to travel so i want to leave at least 50% of the trunk space for that. It has a yellow top hooked up in the back already and I am all wired up too. I definately want it ported and i want it to sound greally good.

Christian

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/