Sundown Audio

E8/SA 8 or 10 Prolly question for Nr. Jacob

This is pretty much a question for jacob but if you know then tell me lol.

I have a somewhat blown e8 and i was wondering if i could recone it with the coil, spider, cone, surround etc from an SA-8? And how much would that run me? also is the bolt pattern the same from the e8 and sa's? I might try to recone it with the E motor and a SA-10 basket and stuff? What do you think i really want to fix the sub...

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Ok that makes me happier :) Is there anyway to turn it into a 10?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

You would need custom machined basket adapters and a spider adapter and a cone from someone else (we don't have them) for a 2" coil to make a 10" from it.

The SA-8 parts work except for the coil on the E8 motor -- the SA-8 coil is WAY too big.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

O so id be better just to wait for the E8 parts to come out? Or should i get all but the coil and buy a coil elsewhere?

• 3 weeks later...

so any update on e8 recones. I know my self and many other with fried e8's that would love to recone them.

When the E8 v.2 pre-order starts that will be an update on the re-cones as parts will come in with them :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg