4 Ascendant SMD 18's, 36kwrms!! - teamSPB Project D*FN U...NEW UPDATES! 9kwrms PER SMD!!

Nice routing of the cabling.

is your avatar a cheese burger or a pussy?

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

box by DL Designz 2.8^3ft @ 32hz

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

front stage - polk momo's

1/0 pos and neg runs to the back.

a crap ton of sound deading from secondskin.

143DB sealed on the windshield.

build log

Another update for you all....

Went up to Milton Keynes to pick up my batteries as they arrived with Blade Ice (UK distributor for XS Power) this morning...

As said previously in the thread, we have decided to go for XS Power batteries as IMO, they are the best! Ive tried a good few battery combinations/brands out there, and these honestly surpass my expectations by FAR! You only have to look at the Blade Ice Chevy, Steve Meades Tahoe, Tommy KOB, Frankie etc etc etc, some of the worlds LOUDEST vehicles, which are ALL no budget builds...these guys could have used ANY batteries out there...but they chose XS Power...must be a reason hey ;) We cant all be daft ;)

Some details of the charging system....

There are 3 210a which we are trying to graft onto the Previa...ill definately add more if we think we can get them on there with relatively little work

These alts will be charging at 16.0-16.9v's

We have a XS Power step down module to bring the voltage down from 16, to around 14.8-14.9v constant which will be available to the entire vehicle and headunit/processors/lighting and midrange amps.

There will be a BigYellow battery that the module will 'charging' which the rest of the vehicle will be powered off

There are 4 runs of 0g + and 2 runs of 0g - running from front to back to send the charge of the alts to the rear batteries

The full 16+ volts from the alts charging the rear battery bank will be running all the bass amps which we have been assured will be fine to around 16.5-16.9v

Should we need more cable runs from front to back, we can easily add to them as there is PLENTY of room beneath the vehicle

The rear batteries will be 10 XS Power D1400's to start off with...depending on how the system copes, we plan to add more alts/batteries in the future!

As said, the batteries are the XS Power D1400's...10 of them to be precise...the specs are

D1400

Weight Lbs. - 43.56

Weight Kgs. - 19.75

Length - 10.24 in

Height - 7.20 in

Width - 6.65 in

MAX Amps - 2400

Ah - 50

So in total, we have 24000 amps and 500Ah in battery power for now, and over 630a in charging power from the alts....it might sound like its no where near enough...but as voltage increases, current draw decreases for the same power

On with some pics me thinks!

Standard ride height on the passionwagon lol!

DSC00914_1.jpg

With the batteries

DSC00911_1.jpg

DSC00912_1.jpg

Heres what was causing that boat like drop!

DSC00915_1.jpg

DSC00917_1.jpg

DSC00919_1.jpg

Opening a box

DSC00921_1.jpg

DSC00922_1.jpg

DSC00923_1.jpg

Thought it would be nice to see what the batteries floated at...but I could only be bothered to check one and wait until I installed the rest to check them LOL!

DSC00933_1.jpg

PERFECT! 14.85v floating!

DSC00932_1.jpg

The Step down Module - nice colour to...ill have a multi-coloured engine bay...my external reg is candy blue lol!

DSC00936_1.jpg

DSC00937_1.jpg

DSC00940_1.jpg

DSC00941_1.jpg

Picked up some other goodies to to keep me happy lol!

DSC00934_1.jpg

DSC00942_1.jpg

I have to shift this in the next hour to the lock up :( But the pile is growing! All im missing now are the last 4 amps!!! Oh and some cabling and MDF!

teamspb

wwooowwww....... nice

Archived