actually too many screws can be a very bad thing. if you split the wood, you just made it weaker. use good wood glue, predrill every screw hole, only use a screw where you see a small gap in the seam. you use screws like clamps, they just need to hold it all together until the glue dries.

like i said, not trying to insult you. its ok to mess up. when i look at a build i look for something that is wrong and try to help the person learn how to do it better next time.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

didn't we just have a forum discussion about how caps can be very useful if used correctly with the right electrical to back it up, and didn't they say the caps have no significant power strain at all, idk, just recalling what i read the other day on here, the posts is somewhere, they get pretty technical in there

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

just FYI you can use bolts instead of running your wires through your box. your box probably leaks bad because of that. its cleaner too and easier to work with

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Yikes that box is rough, props for doing it yourself though. Gotta start somewhere. 10.5V ON THE CAP!?! Augh! Ditch the cap, and upgrade your wiring and big three first. Your cap said 10.5 while your amp was prolly seeing less.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

• 1 month later...

damn how big is that port? its huge! and ^x2 you could have easily used half the screws and the box would be just as strong assuming you used wood glue. oh, and one last thing, that box would prbably like some bracing in the middle, i usually use 3/4" or 1" wooden dowel. Other than that the box looks great, how much airspace?

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0