Second Skin Audio

Center Console Enclosure

today i started on my enclosure, my first attempt at a ported enclosure, that will be going in my 98 chevy rcsb.

the sub ( dc sound lab level 4) which i still need to get. hopfully in the next week or two.

will be downfiring and the port will be forward firing. i'm limited on space and a blow through is out of the question.

i need to go back to home depot in the morning and pick up another quarter sheet of mdf so i can do the port.

hers some pics of the design

console.jpg

laid out some tape, to help guide with the cuts

box004.jpg

where the sub will be housed and the wall to the left will have an opening cut out and used to to help brace the box.

(sub in picture will not be used)

box007.jpg

heres a shot of the port opening on the front of the box.

box005.jpg

any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Edited by badasschevy

center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

infinity kappa 6.5" components

today i started on my enclosure, my first attempt at a ported enclosure, that will be going in my 98 chevy rcsb.

the sub ( dc sound lab level 4) which i still need to get. hopfully in the next week or two.

will be downfiring and the port will be forward firing. i'm limited on space and a blow through is out of the question.

i need to go back to home depot in the morning and pick up another quarter sheet of mdf so i can do the port.

hers some pics of the design

console.jpg

laid out some tape, to help guide with the cuts

box004.jpg

where the sub will be housed and the wall to the left will have an opening cut out and used to to help brace the box.

(sub in picture will not be used)

box007.jpg

heres a shot of the port opening on the front of the box.

box005.jpg

any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

that Memphis looks pretty cool is that a 18? it looks huge. Keep pictures updated and i'm sure u'll get alot of replies.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

that Memphis looks pretty cool is that a 18? it looks huge. Keep pictures updated and i'm sure u'll get alot of replies.

no thats a 12, i'll be updating more tomorrow.

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

heres some more from today

box012.jpg

box010.jpg

box009.jpg

box008.jpg

box014.jpg

box015.jpg

i still need to put the top on, and start filling in the holes and other little voids, and start sanding the outside

to get it ready for paint.

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

Looks good and whats it going to be tuned too?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

looks pretty sweet keep the pics comin and nice truck (thats ur black one in the backround right?) lol

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

looks pretty sweet keep the pics comin and nice truck (thats ur black one in the backround right?) lol

ya thats my other baby.

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

My only concern would be the direction the port is coming out...to the front. I would have built a test box (just flat bottomed) and tested which way sounded best port facing forward , or port facing rear....Other than that GREAT JOB!!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

My only concern would be the direction the port is coming out...to the front. I would have built a test box (just flat bottomed) and tested which way sounded best port facing forward , or port facing rear....Other than that GREAT JOB!!
thanks man,

a guy on another forum that i belong to, who also does this stuff for a living has built a couple similar enclosures for other members, and they all seem to love the sound and energy they produce. i wanted to fire the port to the rear, but im kind of limited on space with a regualar cab chevy. i'll also be making another piece for the front of the box to help blend it into the dash. my amps will also be mounted to the back wall, with a trim panel.

Edited by badasschevy

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4