aight kool :)

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Like I said, if I fail I fail.

I've considered 15s, but I already have the 2 18s, and the idea is very very appealing. The worst that can happen is I have to rebuild. (not taking equipment failure into consideration, but I'm careful enough to avoid that ;) )

As far as taking 4k daily, I've been running the 2 btls in the yukon for months on those 2 4ks I have, without problems. They've been taking the pressure pretty well so far, although I really don' t just blast them all the time or anything.

Again, let me clear this up:

I'm sure steve meade's setup will hand me my azz anyday #s wise and aesthetically. But this is something I've been wanting to do for a long time, and it'll be fun regardless. I've seen some of steves work and just been amazed, but that doesn't mean I can't try because he's better, it just means I have something to strive for.

On a lighter note, I have to resize these images real quick to upload, give me just a few minutes.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

ohh, by All means do it, I just wanted you to understand how much work it is, besides builing the box and all that you have to account for the electrical system.

good luck, I cant wait to see what yu come up with.

Okay, sorry for the poor quality, my wife took my nice® camera, and left me with an old sony 3.2meg, but it gets the job done.

Posted Image Some of the equipment with scrap wire and stuff I thought I could reuse. Fuse holders, rcas, line driver, 2 memphis and one eclipse amp. Probably about 40 feet of 1/0, but unfortunately in strips too small to reach the rear of the vehicle.

Oh, and I know the floor looks aweful, we bought a fixer-upper and still haven't gotten the floors refinished, but theres a lot of work left to do :P

Posted Image Tahoe on the left, old yukon for sale on the right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This shows how much room there is after removing 3rd row seats. If I put the batteries where I have them in the pics, you can see where it would really eat into the box. If I put them to the back they'll barely effect it.

Max specs are 49wx23hx39d, which will put the port a few inches from the rear door, but I figure it will still be alright.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

ohh, by All means do it, I just wanted you to understand how much work it is, besides builing the box and all that you have to account for the electrical system.

good luck, I cant wait to see what yu come up with.

Thanks a lot, and I'll take any help I can get too!

I'm not sure what I can fit alternator wise, but I figure 2 300s and 6 optimas will cover what little bit I'll actually play it full blast, I can hope atleast. I was going to do 4 runs of 1/0 (1 per amp I figure) and see how it does. I saw a good deal on knukonceptz, so I was planning on that unless I hear anything bad from them. I emailed dominick (I believe) about iraggi alts, and haven't heard back, excessive amperage either. So I guess whoever I hear from first can help me decide what will work the best.

I thought equipment was expensive, but copper has been going up like crazy, so it's a work in progress.

Thanks everyone for the help.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Thanks a lot, and I'll take any help I can get too!

I'm not sure what I can fit alternator wise, but I figure 2 300s and 6 optimas will cover what little bit I'll actually play it full blast, I can hope atleast. I was going to do 4 runs of 1/0 (1 per amp I figure) and see how it does. I saw a good deal on knukonceptz, so I was planning on that unless I hear anything bad from them. I emailed dominick (I believe) about iraggi alts, and haven't heard back, excessive amperage either. So I guess whoever I hear from first can help me decide what will work the best.

I thought equipment was expensive, but copper has been going up like crazy, so it's a work in progress.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Damn right copper has been going up! I definitely would do 4 runs of 1/0gauge for maximum current flow to those optimas. You've got a hell of a lot of work on your hands, but its okay as long as it's your goal like you said earlier, go for it.

BTW, I'm assumming you already have sound deadener throughout the whole truck?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Damn right copper has been going up! I definitely would do 4 runs of 1/0gauge for maximum current flow to those optimas. You've got a hell of a lot of work on your hands, but its okay as long as it's your goal like you said earlier, go for it.

BTW, I'm assumming you already have sound deadener throughout the whole truck?

!!! Damn good question Chris! That was the first thing I did with my burb was tear it apart and put 2 layers of Hushmat everywhere

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Not yet, I just got the truck last week and I'm waiting to sell the old yukon to get some cash. I'll be putting 2 layers everywhere I can get it. Last time I filled in the rear doors with foam which added enough weight to the doors themselves to make a huge difference. Haven't decided on what kind of deadener to use yet either, but I figure I'll wait till I sell the yukon, then just install everything I need to while it's apart (sound deadener, alarm, wire, rcas, etc.)- just take 2-3 days off of work and get it done.

I'll make a concerted effort to quite it anyway.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived