so i take it you have 8 runs right? 4+ and 4- ......? man that's some power.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I'm going to keep adding wire till I get the results I want. After this roll I'll have 5+ 1-, next 2 rolls somewhere around 8+ 5-, I think the vehicle will make up for 3 runs of ground difference. Hell I might just make 2- and the rest +.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

That MLA module is baller :o :o did that cost any extra?

Edit: i mean for the switchable type

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

That MLA module is baller :o :o did that cost any extra?

Edit: i mean for the switchable type

It is a bit more because there were more changes than just the switch. The guys explained it to me pretty well, I just can't remember all the changes they mentioned- but it works better for me than the old one did. I can't stress just how happy I am with them and their product.

I've been working sooo much lately I just haven't had a chance to post pics and results in the MLA section, but I did some tests with both settings now. Yesterday when I started my car cold I saw 15.7v. After warming up a bit it idled around 15.2.

My batteries are resting around 13v now, so they just keep charging more and more :)

I switched to the low voltage setting and drove about 2 1/2 days. Basically I saw near factory voltage (still a little bit higher). When I first started the car it ran at 14.8. After warming up a bit it dropped to about 14.2. Factory my vehicle idles at 13.8, so that's still better than without the module on the 'low' setting- just without the worries some have of going over 15v.

Troy, I just got through reading this entire post! All I can say is WOW! Very nice work since I last saw you. I've been hearing about the build little by little at shows from Derrick. Now when are you gonna come to a show?

Thanks a lot! I'll be back as soon as I get it all finished. I was going to go to the show tonight but I work and don't know that I'd make it in time. I might, but I'm so close to turning this thing all the way up I'd rather wait and see a few more dbs. I don't have to work another saturday for a month or so, so the next one hopefully. I still have voltage loss from the front to the back- so once I get that cleared up or reduced I'll be happy with the setup in general.

I'm really considering beefing up my doors though- try and get the speakers to keep up a bit :P

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Thanks a lot! I'll be back as soon as I get it all finished. I was going to go to the show tonight but I work and don't know that I'd make it in time. I might, but I'm so close to turning this thing all the way up I'd rather wait and see a few more dbs. I don't have to work another saturday for a month or so, so the next one hopefully. I still have voltage loss from the front to the back- so once I get that cleared up or reduced I'll be happy with the setup in general.

I'm really considering beefing up my doors though- try and get the speakers to keep up a bit :P

You should try to make it for sure. This is looking to be a huge show! Plus, I wanna see it! LOL

1989 Honda Civic

1990 Honda Crx

62580a0.jpg

TeamSundown-3.jpg

Refs: Sundownz, Derrick824, QCguy

• 1 month later...

Ok, new pics :D

I have broken the belt Iraggi sent me, and 3- THREE tensioners in the last 2 weeks. I'll explain in a later pic. Anyway, I bought a new belt from napa, the only place with anything larger than 116inches in stock- or able to get one without a part numer.

It turns out the new belt is slightly larger than the old one- enough room to get all the pulleys in! Sorry for the bad pics, but it was getting dark.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This pic shows where I think there's a hole missing. There should be one threaded between those two bolts, correct?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The AC Delco tensioner that has broken so many times. See number two, the little aluminum arm that keeps it from going too tight- that breaks clean off and pops the tensioner in half. #1 shows how there's already a slight gap between the two main pieces that wasn't there when it was installed. That's the reason for this tensioner:

Posted Image

The pic is all blury, it looked fine on the camera so I'll have to just take another tomarrow when it's light out. It's a Gates, and instead of having everything exposed like the ac delco it's all internal, and even covers the gap (#1). If I break down again I'll have it in the truck at least :)

Posted Image

Special thanks for Steve Meades help this last week. He suggested checking into a green heavy duty belt, which the local napa was able to get, while for a hefty price :( I guess it's just not that common- it's 127.25 inches long.

Anyway, he's really been a big help with trying to get things run right- thanks a bunch.

No pics but I actually got the last bit of soldering and 2 more runs of 1/0 put in place. I believe that's a grand total of 4+ and 2- so far, and another spool to go. Maybe in a day or so I'll be able to see how that helped the voltage in back and maybe get some vids from a dude or 2 at work :D

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

looking good . I was startin to wonder a bout your build the other day.. Maybe I missed seeeing your name in the active members or something , but I was wondering how you were coming long.... These damn tahoes are just fuckin sick. Keep it up man. when you are fully operational I am gonna have to head up that way ( I am in sav, GA )to a show so I can maybe get a demo out of ya...

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Archived