Sonic Electronix

Whats the LOUDEST 12" subwoofer........

I'm looking to get as loud as possible, with just 1 12" sub.....the problem is, is that I have limited space and power.

The amp powering this 12 is a Kicker ZX1000.1, which puts out lets say 1400 max RMS.

The box it will be in, is a 2.5 net cubic box, tuned to 38 Hz.

So with ~1000 wrms, and a 2.5 cubic box for (1) 12", how loud can I get? 140 db?

And what would be the best sub to put in there?

Fi BL? Fi Q? DC Level 4? AQ HDC3?

Thanks in advance for the help!

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

It also depends on you Box man, any cheap ass sub could do a high number its possible, but it has to be in the right box.

you might have to adjust your box, for dimensions and proper port area, and etc.

I would tune ~34hz for daily but that's just me.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Digital Designs 2512 should play nice and loud with that small power, i designed a box for a single 2512 on 1000 watts, 2.25 cubic feet and it hit 141.5 dbs on a trunk car with a 39 hz tuning :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

i say the fi bl i forgot who it was but someone with some vids on youtube was slapping hard as hell with a 12 bl in a cavalier

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

dc lvl 4 or a sundown

wait those brands are shit...

FUNKY PUPZ!

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Archived