Sundown Audio

I Need Professional Help

cmrs2k

Ok, you guys have helped me choose a Rockford T40001BD over four JL Audio 1000/1's. You would think that would be enough. I am currently saving $ and I am getting closer, and closer to buying it. All is going well until I find out that a guy I know is selling his Soundstream XXX-6500, and selling it for cheap, like about half the price I have ever seen on used ones. I wouldn't really look at something like this except for that I know how it has been treated.

The dilemma. I am wanting to run four 15" RE SX subs on whichever amp I decide on. I will have to upgrade my electrical system further for either one. I am well aware of that part. What I would like is some information from the pros here. Which amp would you advise, and more specifically why? This would be in an 03 chevy Tahoe. I currently have the big 3, stock battery, and 1 optima yellow in the back. Let me know if any other factors need to be considered.

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

what is the current draw for the Soundstream?

That is one of the specs that I do not know. I have heard that it is rather high, but I do not know how high. Now, for the T40001, if I am not mistaken, wouldn't it draw no more than aboutg 300 amps?

I have been to Soundstreams website, but I could not find it there. The guy that I would be buying it from only uses it for burps. He comes to a show, hooks it in with no fusing to a battery bank in the bed of his truck, burps it, and then takes it back out. Puts it in the cab and calls it a day. I asked him what kind of fusing that Soundstream recommended for the supply (just to get some kind of idea) and he could not remember.

The funny thing is that your question covers one of the reasons that I am hesitant about the Soundstream.

If anyone out there could give some accurate specs on the Soundstream xxx-6500, I would greatly appreciate it.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

My point exactly......I would stick to the Fosgate if you are unsure about the Stream, The T4000 is pretty hungry itself and comes with a 500amp fuse in it, but how much current it will draw is dependent on how low your impedance is and how hard you push it.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

My point exactly......I would stick to the Fosgate if you are unsure about the Stream, The T4000 is pretty hungry itself and comes with a 500amp fuse in it, but how much current it will draw is dependent on how low your impedance is and how hard you push it.

Wow, I didn't know that it was fused at 500 amps. That would be tough to find a replacement (of course I bet there would probably be trouble if you needed one).

I am right there with you, except that I just don't want to pass up a great deal on the Soundstream assuming that it is one. I will be pretty mad at myself if I pass on it only to find out that it would have been the better choice. I'm not saying that it is or isn't.

I wish that someone here might be able to shed some light on some specs on it. Please?

BJJ20logo20resize.png

stick with the t4kw

the soundstream does not make rated power unles you give em 16v and then you need bank of batts to get full output, they are a great amp if you can feed them the juice they need.

what is the current draw for the Soundstream?

Can anyone tell me what is the current draw for the T4000?

I just found an owners manual for the Soundstream. It lists max current draw as 456amps while running at 13.5volts at 1 ohm.

I am kind of surprised.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

soundstream makes dirty power.

you dont want the soundstream ;) good thing you got those t3000 rockfords :D

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer