Sonic Electronix

hey guys

new here but in audio for 30 years and need advice.

to start my ride is a 91 honda prelude, 97 jdm h22a swap with lsd tranny, 2 1/4 stainless all the way back, vibrant header, brian cower cams, 8 lb fidanza flywheel act stage 3 clutch, tokico blue shocks eibach pro springs, superpro bushings everywhere, 17" falken wheels nitto tires, ebc pads and brembo rotors.

my system

makamichi cd400, audio control eqx,pq bass cube, macintosh mc440 and mtx 1000d, 2 adire audio 15's each front door has 2 6 1/2 and 2 5 1/4 midbass and 1 morel mdt33 tweeter.

sold the 2 15's as well as the mtx

after watching mr meade's youtube vids i'm on the rockford bandwagon. my goal is to run 2 t1500 amps and my macintosh

i have a 165 amp alt on the way and some 0 ga wire and other goodies.

as space is an issue what would i use for a second battery in this set up?

can anyone suggest a xs power model

It would not hurt to go bigger. But if you have the money go bigger and get the best they have to offer.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

4000W one one extra battery is assuming you have current to back it up, so going bigger or higher quantity will give you a pillow to fall on for misjudgments. Good luck bro.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Remember that it's just a indicator.

You need atleast a 260 amp to keep up with the amps that are going to get pulled.

The batts will help. That alts not really pushing all that power to the amp its just pushin to keep that battery fully charged while the amp takes what it needs

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

if space is gonna be a issue first measure where your going to be placing the battery to see how much room you have

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

if space is gonna be a issue first measure where your going to be placing the battery to see how much room you have

Could always build a false floor too so you can mount the battery in spots it wouldn't normally keep still

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Could always build a false floor too so you can mount the battery in spots it wouldn't normally keep still

thanks guys so much to all of you for the help

i should tell you all that i have a optima yellow now and i had to move it to the trunk so i could run a cold air intake to where the under hood battery was.

so it's mounted in a custom frame in the left corner, i figured i could mount the second battery in the right corner in the trunk and balance weight. i have about 13 long x 10 wide and 12 high

my system is built for sound quality and only a few times opened up full. i spend a lot of time listening with the engine off so my goal is to get longer run time from the second battery.

also i know nothing about audio batteries so if the 165 amp alt is ok for the xs power d2400 how big can i go?

i sold today the 2 15" subs and the mtx 1000d and i'm thinking on 2 tc sounds lms 12's each powered with a rockford t1500.

Edited by GKF