Sonic Electronix

Hi guys ..

So I finally got a car, 16 years of waiting. Its a 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue. So, I am piecing my system together step by step.

I got my SA-12's already, and I ordered my Alpine CDA-9887. It should be here tomorrow..

But, I have heard stories about not being able to put a deck into a car with factory Bose systems, without having to get one of those expensive ass harnesses. I just dropped $330 on a deck, and am trying to avoid more with a harness.

Could anyone give me advice on what I should do? Will it work and am I tripping out over nothing?

Could someone possibly send me the link(s) to what I should need? I'm pretty concerned now, as my deck will be here tomorrow :nea:

the factory amp will just turn on in that car.

no need for any pricey harnesses.

make sure to hook up the amp turn on..

blue/white wire

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

im not at work so im not 100% sure but You should'nt need a module. As long as the factory harness is un cut all you do is match the colors. MAKE SURE TO TAPE OFF ALL LOOSE WIRES...

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

I had the same problem. What i did, was just run new wire to each speaker. I completely ripped out the bose stereo amp and did that. Havent had any problems since. If u were truly into car audio, u would man up and rewire ur speakers.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

I would concider rewiring all my speakers if I had too, to avoid $130 for a harness, being the last option.

But I might attempt putting in my deck tomorrow. Do I wire the factory remote wire and the remote wire for my amp together?

Or could someone just write me a step by step thing? I'm 16 and installing my second deck, and I really dont wanna fuck this one up.

Yeah. If by factory remote wire, u mean the one on the aftermarket deck, yeah. Just connect it from there to ur amp and it should be good. And it would be hard to fuck up on this if you really set ur mind on what u need to do. Get a jukebox, some arizona tea, and a pair of wire strippers and ur set!

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

So, connect my Bose amp wire, Sundown amp wire, and wire it into the remote spot on my deck?

that'd be correct and here if you don't have this

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Orange

Radio Ignition Switched 12V+ Wire: Yellow

Radio Ground Wire: Black/White

Radio Illumination Dimmer Wire: Gray/Black

Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: Dark Green

Front Speakers Size: 5 1/4″

Front Speakers Location: Doors

Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Tan

Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Gray

Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Light Green

Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Dark Green

Rear Speakers Size: 6″ x 9″

Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck

Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Brown

Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Dark Blue

Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Light Blue

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

So, connect my Bose amp wire, Sundown amp wire, and wire it into the remote spot on my deck?

Sounds about right

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

YeS

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical