iPad in car...need help keeping it cool

You could probably try one of these but doubt it would help much since te screen is getting the heat more then the back

http://thermapak.com/products.php?category=heat-shift-pad

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

An idea a co-worker just gave me is to mod a 12v portable mini fridge/freezer and mount it behind the iPad and hook it up to the accessory on the alarm and before I got out to the car turn the freezer on and it will be mounted right behind the iPad to get it cool.

Thanks I appreciate it!. The only time I get the message is after a looooong time of leaving it in the sun, so 30min-1hr isnt a issue. I have already driled holes in those two vents above the iPad so it does get a little air from those but nothing when the car is off. I might do air blu tint (clear tint that supposedly reduces heat up to 50%) but any sort of black tint im not doing. Thanks for your help.

This is a show car not ever really parked anywhere to get robbed and its simuliar to any other headunit, just because its a iPad doesn't mean its any harder or any less harder to get stolen then another screen/double din. If all other ideas fail I think thats what I will do is make a cover for the face of it and try that out.

There are clear tints that are designed to just reduce heat and UV.

Is the iPad getting direct sunlight that is causing this? Or just the heat of the car being in the sun?

Looks like it's sunken in the red suede trim, maybe just a piece of cardboard covered in that red suede that could be pressed in place and removed to keep the sun off it.

How about a remote start alarm that will start the car and cool off the the interior with the a/c before you are going to drive it.

I would think that the modded freezer coil would cause you problems with condensation if the car is that hot.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

You could probably try one of these but doubt it would help much since te screen is getting the heat more then the back

http://thermapak.com/products.php?category=heat-shift-pad

He could put that on the front of the ipad and attach some type of sun reflecting surface over the back of the pad..so the ipad doesn't see the sun, and the cooling pad keeps it cool.

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

That would be pointless and probably have a big current draw. = dead battery. With what Alex just said too though. If you could make some sort of a cover for it to take the actual direct sunlight off the screen that would help drastically since the glass of the screen is what gets so hot.

Ya but it would only be for 15 minutes or so until I went out to the car and started it...maybe I should just get a remote start, re run the a/c ducts and call it a day.

But ya I think thats what I am going to do first, make a cover for the screen.

How about a remote start alarm that will start the car and cool off the the interior with the a/c before you are going to drive it.

This is what I would do.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

There are clear tints that are designed to just reduce heat and UV.

Is the iPad getting direct sunlight that is causing this? Or just the heat of the car being in the sun?

Looks like it's sunken in the red suede trim, maybe just a piece of cardboard covered in that red suede that could be pressed in place and removed to keep the sun off it.

I would think that the modded freezer coil would cause you problems with condensation if the car is that hot.

2x on those two comments...

i think the lack of tint is the major reason for the overheating. green house effect... heat coming in... and not escaping...

is your car insulated/deadened already? second skin on the roof? second skin has a product that repels heat.. http://secondskinaudio.com/products/Thermal-Acoustic-Insulation.php http://secondskinaudio.com/products/firewall-ceramic-coating.php

another suggestion is install a fan somewhere in the cabin and vent it to the outside...removing heat out of the cabin...

i saw a product on tv a while ago... its attaches to a partially open window and vents out the air... same concept...

maybe some where in the dash? or center counsel? and vent it out...

i would recomnend and have a 2nd battery with an isolator so "just in case" it kills that battery, you can still start the car...

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

if its getting that hot to shut itself down you also need to be careful with condensation. the air is humid there and you take sumthin that is producing a decent amount of heat and shove ice cold air to it its gonna make condensation and you dont want that. its a good idea and may work for ya but take that into consideration so you dont go frying things.

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

Nope sorry nothing u can do i would say put a cover over top of it when your not in the car to protect it from direct sunlight! and put cooling fans behind it to be safe!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

Archived