iPad in car...need help keeping it cool

I have the ipad 64gb 3g in my car also, i built it so i can remove it when i get out of the car. Just so you know, its not the best thing to leave the ipad in the car and let it overheat all of the time.

:)

....You think he can use liquid cooling on a ipad? ipad doesn't use the same type of hardware that a pc uses. And you really think it would be running while his car is off or something.

If you don't wanna do fans, then tint the car. that's all you can do tbh

He keeps saying he won't do fans ..which is essentially the same thing because he wants the ipad to not be hot once he starts his car. That would not prevent it from being too hot to use nor would fans...so IDK man

Then how can he plan on keeping it cool without A. Draining his batteries or B. Using some form of cooling device in the car.....i'm not following the logic here. Next best thing would be to park in an air conditioned garage everywhere he goes

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

2x on those two comments...

i think the lack of tint is the major reason for the overheating. green house effect... heat coming in... and not escaping...

is your car insulated/deadened already? second skin on the roof? second skin has a product that repels heat.. http://secondskinaudio.com/products/Thermal-Acoustic-Insulation.php http://secondskinaudio.com/products/firewall-ceramic-coating.php

another suggestion is install a fan somewhere in the cabin and vent it to the outside...removing heat out of the cabin...

i saw a product on tv a while ago... its attaches to a partially open window and vents out the air... same concept...

maybe some where in the dash? or center counsel? and vent it out...

i would recomnend and have a 2nd battery with an isolator so "just in case" it kills that battery, you can still start the car...

Im building a panel to cover the screen and then doing Air Blue tint around the entire car (clear tint)

if its getting that hot to shut itself down you also need to be careful with condensation. the air is humid there and you take sumthin that is producing a decent amount of heat and shove ice cold air to it its gonna make condensation and you dont want that. its a good idea and may work for ya but take that into consideration so you dont go frying things.

thanks for the headsup bud

Nope sorry nothing u can do i would say put a cover over top of it when your not in the car to protect it from direct sunlight! and put cooling fans behind it to be safe!

lol havent seen u on here for awhile! but u just contradicted urself lol...I think thats what ima do tho make a cover and wrap it in read suede...no fans tho

you have one of, if not the nicest daily driver that I have ever seen, and you don't have a remote start? :pardon:

Well technically its not suppose to be a daily driver but it is atm but thank you very much

I hate to ask an obvious question, but, is removing the Ipad from the car an option? Ipad not stored in hot car = no hot message.

I know im just lazy and I can't take it out and walk around with it...id drop it ha

I have the ipad 64gb 3g in my car also, i built it so i can remove it when i get out of the car. Just so you know, its not the best thing to leave the ipad in the car and let it overheat all of the time.

I figured that and I know there is a class action lawsuit against apple for this problem for these things getting so hot so easily. (Yes I know its my choice to leave it in the sun.) But what could go wrong getting so hot?

destroy the sun.

lol

if u can remove it why not throwing it in the trunk when u get outta the car IMO

Thats a possibility...but I dont want to take my headunit out of my car every time I leave it

Archived