Sonic Electronix

just got a soundstream t5 12"... but now my amp cuts off?

my sub is wired up right. i dont feel like taking it out of the box to look.. it was wired by a tech at the sound shop i got my sub at.. i got the box at the same time so he just wired it after it old him the amp is bridged 320 watt at 4ohm..

the sub hits hard, i put in 30a fuses, it lets the volume go a little louder and bass hit harder.

i have an appointment at cartoys where i got the wiring done..

maybe i need a new battery?....

2004 black yukon slt

stock for now.

bose system.

:(

i would still check, just because you say a tech at a sound shop wired it up dont mean shit to be honest... i would look at your configuration, or get a DMM and put it on ohms and check the ohmload going to your amp.... otherwise you are going to be checking EVERYTHING and prob dumping money into something that could just take 2 wires to switch...

but if you are 2 lazy to check the ohm load, go buy a batt

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

my sub is wired up right. i dont feel like taking it out of the box to look.. it was wired by a tech at the sound shop i got my sub at.. i got the box at the same time so he just wired it after it old him the amp is bridged 320 watt at 4ohm..

the sub hits hard, i put in 30a fuses, it lets the volume go a little louder and bass hit harder.

i have an appointment at cartoys where i got the wiring done..

maybe i need a new battery?....

are you changing the fusing so you can turn your volume up? thats an invitation to smoking the amp...

i would still check, just because you say a tech at a sound shop wired it up dont mean shit to be honest... i would look at your configuration, or get a DMM and put it on ohms and check the ohmload going to your amp.... otherwise you are going to be checking EVERYTHING and prob dumping money into something that could just take 2 wires to switch...

but if you are 2 lazy to check the ohm load, then why are you asking us for help?

^^^fixed :pardon:

how ya know its wired right w/ out checking u rather check it on ya own or toast ya amp?

^^^this

but derrick is right. Ive seen many shops screw up ohm loads/ wiring. and if your not willing to do the work in order to figure it out, why are you asking for help?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

k i owe you guys an appology, i dont know how the dude wired it but it was way wrong and i could tell when i got it out the box.. it had (from voice coils) posi to posi and neg to neg then off one coil it was a posi and neg to the box outlets. i was like WHATTHEFUCK.....

thank you guys again.. i owe you each one testical in my mouth.... thats right.

2004 black yukon slt

stock for now.

bose system.

does it still shut the amp off now? Glad you got it all sorted out, I hope it doesnt shut off now that you have the amp bridged at 4 ohms :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

does it still shut the amp off now? Glad you got it all sorted out, I hope it doesnt shut off now that you have the amp bridged at 4 ohms :)

i did a lil test, dialed in my amp a lil more, it didnt shut off during an idle chill, it didnt shut off and i turned it up to max volume and some hefty bass.. im not tryin to go too heavy on the bass im lettin the coils get a workout, in a week or so i should be full on bangin.

2004 black yukon slt

stock for now.

bose system.

Archived