Sonic Electronix

So im planning on getting a better alternator in the near future. im only going to be running 1200 watts rms. and i have the big three done. but i want to do the alternator too. i hate when lights dim n shit. my question is am i going to have to change fuses for my car electrical? like wipers, dash lights and so on, like am i going to start blowing fuses and stuff from putting more then 14v to it?

06 Honda Civic Si

Sub: 15" Kicker L7

Sub Amplifier: Phoenix Gold RSd 1200.1

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-HD545U

Speakers: undecided

Speaker amp: undecided

Still alot more to come!!!

dude i really dont think you would need a bigger alternator for 1200rms.... just get a small back batt like a hc800 or something and you wont have a prob. im running a t1000 in my car at 1 ohm with a hc800 in the back with a 4 gauge run to the back and 0 gauge to the amp. just get a back batter and use 0 guage. you should be set

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

You didnt even answer his question.

OP, not how your electrical works. Your fuses will not blow

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

haha thanks bro. and i guess ill be running more then 1200 rms. cause thats just the sub. im doing speakers and everything. so add another like 4 or 5 hundred ontop of that. and i got 0 gauge ran already =] im trying to avoid putting more batteries. id rather just put a better alternator. unless thats not how it works. hahah, this is my first bigger system. im upgrading from only 500rms haha.

damn, you answered my post before i even posted it haha.

Edited by fuggnore

06 Honda Civic Si

yeah sorry just letting him know its not needed right now

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah i wouldent mind putting a bigger batterie under the hood. its just all the extra ones i dont want ha. what am i looking for when getting one for that. its not like cranking amps or something?...or is it?

this is all in a 06 honda civic its got a itty bitty batterie as of now.

Edited by fuggnore

06 Honda Civic Si

yeah i wouldent mind putting a bigger batterie under the hood. its just all the extra ones i dont want ha. what am i looking for when getting one for that. its not like cranking amps or something?...or is it?

this is all in a 06 honda civic its got a itty bitty batterie as of now.

i would go out to your car and get the dimensions of the battery location and just get the biggest kinetik, shuriken, or XS power bat you can.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm