Drift car show status, fab questions

I want the big system with a few more speakers in the doors, (there is no system right now) and i want a BIG system, but with this being a true track car used for drifting weight is a problem

I was looking into changing every body pannel out for carbon fiber, (doors, door pannels, fenders, hood, trunk, bumpers,)

but my question is, how would i cut into the carbon fiber door pannels to do speakers? and would i fiberglass it or would i have to go over it and do more carbon fiber?

Money is not an issue on this build so dont give me crap about the cost of carbon finber

if money is not an issue take it to someone who can do it in carbon fiber. its not easy to work with and you will be pissed when you screw it up and just wasted that money. If you are wanting to learn how to do it find someplace that will let you watch and learn.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if money is not an issue take it to someone who can do it in carbon fiber. its not easy to work with and you will be pissed when you screw it up and just wasted that money. If you are wanting to learn how to do it find someplace that will let you watch and learn.

^^^this. if you havent done it before, it would take some serious practice to do all those yourself...as in months of practice on the same pieces and wasting hundreds of dollars. n8 is right, if money isnt an issue, then take it to someone else....but you will be paying BIG dollar for that kind of work.

PS- to answer your question, it would be a matter of weave direction and whether it matters to you. the whole point of CF is that it can become very strong without the weight, but in order to look right, the weave should be going in the same direction and has to be applied that way. If I were you, Id leave the system to a car thats not strictly track.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived