Spitfire2k6 Posted August 7, 2010 Author Report Posted August 7, 2010 Length 35 Depth 26 Height 18 Just wedge it like you said, and I want it to bang haha. Using 3/4 also, thanks again. Edit: Those are the max check an see if that will fit then ill tune it was thinking 2 of these if you can afford the cash http://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=404_85_388&products_id=8922 Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!
crav1n Posted August 7, 2010 Report Posted August 7, 2010 hi, so I have an 01 jeep cherokee..a decent amount of room. the dimensions I cam up with are 20" tall 42" wide 22" deep the box is for 4 12" kicker cvr's I wanna tune it around 35hz wood is 3/4" thick this box is about 90% for daily and I was thinking subs up, port back..slot port Idc on the box shape, come up with something badass :] thanks
Slawsen Posted August 7, 2010 Report Posted August 7, 2010 subs: 4 jl 13w1v2 (12.5" cutout), i want all 4 subs up, and port back. Tuned around 32, but idk what would sound best with these cuz they have a fs of like 21hz Subs up, aero ports back. (make sure you get enough port area) Hope my max dimensions will be enough to fit all 4 on the top baffle, if not, let me know height 25" width 40" depth 30" you have some room to work with as far as the height...just let me know if you got any questions JL doesnt list box reccomendations but on sonicelectronix it says 2.625 cuft per sub...i was thinking like 7-8cuft total after displacement, up to you like i said cuz i'm only giving them around 1kw so yeah http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=17 4 ohm model 00' Nissan Xterra Always under construction :] HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2 Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.
Ji553r Posted August 7, 2010 Report Posted August 7, 2010 No probs mate, remember http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/38791-torres-box-tuning-calculator-updated-310/ is absolutely brilliant yes i love torres calculator it doesnt do L port though which is what i currently have. by the way your work lookas amazing so far I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/
Hunter Spivey Posted August 7, 2010 Report Posted August 7, 2010 That thing won't fit, bring the height down to 15 and it'll be perfect. Yeah I think I like the ports actually, where would they go just to the right of the sub?
Spitfire2k6 Posted August 8, 2010 Author Report Posted August 8, 2010 yes i love torres calculator it doesnt do L port though which is what i currently have. by the way your work lookas amazing so far ahh but you see my friend, L ports are just a way of extending the port for more room, if you keep the inner dimensions the same just take the full length of both sides as the port length Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!
Spitfire2k6 Posted August 9, 2010 Author Report Posted August 9, 2010 Ok OnelivinLarge Your Box is done it will sit against your back seat and is tuned to 33Hz Cut-sheet: 1 x Bottom: 30 x 18.75 1 x Back: 30 x 14.75 2 x Sides: 17.25(Bottom) x 14.5(Back) x 8.5(Front) 1 x Front: 30 x 8.25 ((Port Cut-out- 10 x 2.5) 10 from each side) 1 x Baffle: 20 x 30 (11 Cut-out for sub Centred) 2 x Port Sides: 2.5 x 14 1 x Port Top: 10 x 14 Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!
onelivinlarge Posted August 9, 2010 Report Posted August 9, 2010 thank u sir 1) lookj to left 2) NOTICE BLKUE 3) ME > Y9OU 4) that is all
BJD3 Posted August 9, 2010 Report Posted August 9, 2010 I do like the way you're posting them all in the thread for people like me, but I have one request if at all possible. Could you state the internal volume, tuning, and port area in the final post as well? Anti Peel and Seal...lol You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive. 2002 Buick Park Avenue DC Level 4 M2 12 D2 Car Audio Bargain 1600.1 Eclipse CD3200 ~2 cubes @ 34 hz. Stinger Roadkill Expert
Spitfire2k6 Posted August 10, 2010 Author Report Posted August 10, 2010 . Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.