Second Skin Audio

Center Port Question

Hold on...I think they're confused. If I'm reading your question correctly...you need to keep the same port width the whole way thru the port...even after the bend.

he's doing a center port where it splits off at the back wall and goes both ways. kinda like 2 separate enclosures joined at the port.

a port like this

IMG_2346.jpg

so the center needs to be the width of both ports end widths combined

Edited by 98crewcab

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

so if the port width of the enclosure was 4" when i bend to each side it'll be 2" and if needed a port length of 22 and my first length was 11.25 i would bend to each side 5"+.75 of mdf?

Let me throw my confusion into this...

If your total length of port needs to be 22" and your first length is 11.25 (this is from box face to center of adjacent port) then you need each half-port to be 10.75"...now if the back wall is one side of the port, subtract half the width of the port...in your case 1".

The thickness of the walls doesn't come into it.

P1020820.jpg

your building a box like this right? add those 45*s to keep the turbulence down when when the air meets in the port.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

^^^ yes sir exactly what im trying to do, so port area would be constant after bending to each side? can't really tell by the angle.

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

Let me throw my confusion into this...

If your total length of port needs to be 22" and your first length is 11.25 (this is from box face to center of adjacent port) then you need each half-port to be 10.75"...now if the back wall is one side of the port, subtract half the width of the port...in your case 1".

The thickness of the walls doesn't come into it.

yea lol im confused now. where did the 1 inch come from? the port area of each bend?

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

When you use the wall of the box as one of the port walls, it continues beyond the end of the port...this needs to be taken into account.

It's not really that big of a deal. When you take all the other acoustic aspects of the box and vehicle, port tuning is not that exacting. Just get it close. :good:

EDIT: I'm just talking about the length of the port. I think you got the whole area thing now.

Edited by Namosh

so here's how i see it, when you bend to each side you devide port width by 2, and when you bend port length you also devide the remaining length by 2 also? ex. if your port width is 4 when you bend to each side each will get a port width of 2??? and if the remaining length is 10" each side will get 4.25" right? -.75 of mdf.

ok this is an example, i dont know if its right but if yall could help me with it i could understand better(yes i know i fail at paint but whatever)

centerport.png

Edited by pheint_1