Sonic Electronix

oscilloscopes and termlabs are the main way to tell if you are clipping...

you can hear clipping, but once you are at the point where you can hear it, its pretty bad, you are HARD clipping the shit out of your stuff if you can hear it...

if you are using a DMM to set your gains, here is what you wanna go by

rmschartpm5.jpg

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

oscilloscopes and termlabs are the main way to tell if you are clipping...

you can hear clipping, but once you are at the point where you can hear it, its pretty bad, you are HARD clipping the shit out of your stuff if you can hear it...

if you are using a DMM to set your gains, here is what you wanna go by

thank you sooooo much im going out tomorrow to get a dmm. i seen them at wallmart and radioshack. they each had a few kinds. anything specific im looking for?

OH AND! when it says to turn all eq settings down on the headunit. i have my bass at -8 should i leave it or put it up to zero? and should i set the others to zero or as far as they go negative

and i asume i go off the CEA compliant watt rateing? am i right? haha i got my amp today and the first thing i read when i opened the owners book was CEA COMPLIANT RATEING 1000 watts. OTHER RATEING 1200. i was like damnnn... haha i was shooting for that 1200. oh well 1000 is still plenty.

Edited by fuggnore

06 Honda Civic Si

Sub: 15" Kicker L7

Sub Amplifier: Phoenix Gold RSd 1200.1

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-HD545U

Speakers: undecided

Speaker amp: undecided

Still alot more to come!!!

ive seen the little cheap DMMs be .01 off of the really expensive ones at my buddys shop... I went to autozone and got the little 20$ one..

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ive seen the little cheap DMMs be .01 off of the really expensive ones at my buddys shop... I went to autozone and got the little 20$ one..

i edited that post a couple times. haha i kept forgetting questions i had and shit. i got them on there. were you refuring to the one you got as a cheap little one, or its alright. and would being .01 off make or break my sub?

06 Honda Civic Si

yeah, the one i got is the cheap one, my buddys was like 300 or 400$ or around that range.. and i would go for the cea rated and no .01 wont break your sub..

Team DC Audio

yeah, the one i got is the cheap one, my buddys was like 300 or 400$ or around that range.. and i would go for the cea rated and no .01 wont break your sub..

yeah i will go with the cheap one too. but thanks for all the info!

06 Honda Civic Si

i leave mine flat.. meaning zero

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

i leave mine flat.. meaning zero

mkay. well i bought the dmm and used it. im prettttty sure i have everything dialed in. haha turned out i was able to turn it up more. along with a little bass boost. less then an 8th of bass bost. and my sencitivity is more then half. i feel it is a little high. but if anything im a little low. i put it to 43volts. i could go to 44. it sounds good and now i dont have to get peranoid after playing it for a while and reach back and touch the cone and amp to make sure they are still cool haha. but thank you everybody for all your help. its nice to have a place to go were people actually help and have good input, rather than yes or no. i really appreciate all your help so far.

also on my dmm i had two volts setting 200 and 500. i used to 200. should i of not of?

oh yeah, and i used 50HZ this time. =]

06 Honda Civic Si

so i know you can tell is a sub is clipping by listining too it. or with a DMM. but can you tell by the lights in your car?

i put my new amp in tonight and when i was playing some bass tones to tune stuff in and i notice that after a little more then half on my gain my interior lights would dim. (mind you its dark out while im doing all this). and if im correct your sub get a clipped signal once there is not enough power going to your amplifier? so when my lights dim wouldent that mean my cars not producing enough power and there for that would be my clipping point? LOL or would it be wayyyy before that? but anyway i went to the point where my lights dim then backed it off slowly untill the undimmed, then went a tiny bit more. think im okay?

i was tuneing while listing to a 34HZ tone beacuse its the loudest in my car. should i not do that? or does it not matter what tone i use.

sort of like a ghetto clip indicator?

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.