Sundown Audio

Hifonics bxi2610d SMOKED

SoCaLBaMF

So just today I put in a new fuse holder with a digital volt meter on it, and a 250 amp fuse. My amp had been acting funny lately just before I put those new fuses and fuse holder in, it blew a few more fuses which were 150 amp but one fuse lasted me for about 10 months (I know they recomment 250 but thats all I had at the time) The amp worked great for a year and after today I think it finally gave up and smoke was rolling out of it as soon as I put on the accesories, but it didnt blow the 250 amp fuse? or even discolor it... but as soon as I unscrewed my amp from my box, I heard something rolling around on the inside and I dont know if that was from it blowing? or that WAS the reason it blew... Let me know what you guys think!

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

either a piece came loose and shorted out something or something burned and melted off.

ill take the amp off you if you dont want to pay a bunch of money to fix it. im trying to learn how to fix amps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

happened to me a couple months ago Never really found out exactly what it was but I sent it out for repair and we "think" it was a speaker short from a loose connection due to stripped out terminals. your amp probably shorted out which caused a component inside the amp to break off due to heat in the short circuit.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

doesn't sound good either way.

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

Open it up and post pics. Its hard to say. Heat, voltage drop...could be alotta things. Did you have it mounted to the box?

Well I dont really want to take the cover off because it says the warranty will be void if I do. Or is there another way to do that? And yes it was mounted on the box, which Im probably sure it rattled something loose because of that...

either a piece came loose and shorted out something or something burned and melted off.

ill take the amp off you if you dont want to pay a bunch of money to fix it. im trying to learn how to fix amps.

I just emailed Hifonics warranty support team and Ill see what they say

happened to me a couple months ago Never really found out exactly what it was but I sent it out for repair and we "think" it was a speaker short from a loose connection due to stripped out terminals. your amp probably shorted out which caused a component inside the amp to break off due to heat in the short circuit.

Yeah I had it hooked up the same way I have had for the past year, and I think it probably had enough or something got shaken loose inside.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500