Admin Please lock. shorta ram intake

Not meaning to get off topic but depending on your budget you can get an LS1 camaro for $7k'ish with average miles on it and run 13's stock. With very little work its easy to hit 11's, but like everything it starts getting expensive and harder breaking into 10's and lower.

Hmm. Idint know that. But ok. Cool

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

• 3 weeks later...

Why are you adding an intake? If it's for power, you will get mayb 5hp max. Some cars even lose power because the ecu thinks something is wrong and ends up adding fuel causing it to run richer then it already does. Most cars are tuned to run a little rich from the factory for safety reasons. Running to rich will give you horrible gas and lose power. Cold air intake might add an extra 2-4 hp on top of ram air intake but then depending on it's location you have to be careful driving in the rain. I had a budy with a CAI on his eclipse and drove in the rain and ended up sucking water causing his engine to hydrolock...bent his rods and all his valves. Had to purchase a replacement longblock which wasn't cheap. If anything just add a k&n drop in intake which will give you same performance while being safer. If it's the sound you want you can cut out a portion of the stock intake box which will give you the throaty sound. Just my .02

i ended up doing an sri instead of a cai. so...no problem with hydrolock. and i wasn't looking for a whole ot more hp. i knew it wasn't going to be much if any. the main thing was i wanted something that was efficient, sounded good, and wasn't something stupid like a fart cannon (or w/e it's called). plus it makes my engine compartment look a whole hell of alot better. this is what it looks like now.

61142_1197458809639_1023540700_30865815_4152654_n.jpg

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

I agree with you there...looks A LOT cleaner. Like I said before you might actually lose power. In some cases, it could take several months for your ecu to "learn" that you have installed a better flowing intake and start seeing power gains. But in a car like your, which isn't a performance car, it won't matter. Enjoy the engine bling and throaty sound...but you should remove the bottom portion of the stock airbox also.

girafe....you have NO idea what the hell youre talking about.

About what? Please explain? Saying I have no idea on what I'm talking about without an explanation makes you a little drama queen. Cars and mods are a big hobby of mine, went to school for it and took classes on high performance engines and tuning.

Iv got a 500hp stock block Evo 8 that I have built myself in my garage. when I installed my first mod,an intake, my car actually lost power and my A/F went richer on the stock tune. I lost around 8-11 hp according to my

Virtual dyno program on my laptop which has been proven to be pretty damn accurate. Took around 30 min of tuning and I gained over 15hp above stock baseline.

Also when you introduce an open air filter like op did, you are now sucking in hot air from around the engine bay. Granted, it does allow for more air to enter which could result in power gains once tuned but untuned the car will lose power. That's why I recommended the k&n drop in filter so he can still utilize his ram air scoop in the front the the car.

But like op said, he doesn't want much power so there's no problem with him running this intake. Gives his engine some bling and nice sound under WOT

About what? Please explain? Saying I have no idea on what I'm talking about without an explanation makes you a little drama queen. Cars and mods are a big hobby of mine, went to school for it and took classes on high performance engines and tuning.

Iv got a 500hp stock block Evo 8 that I have built myself in my garage. when I installed my first mod,an intake, my car actually lost power and my A/F went richer on the stock tune. I lost around 8-11 hp according to my

Virtual dyno program on my laptop which has been proven to be pretty damn accurate. Took around 30 min of tuning and I gained over 15hp above stock baseline.

Also when you introduce an open air filter like op did, you are now sucking in hot air from around the engine bay. Granted, it does allow for more air to enter which could result in power gains once tuned but untuned the car will lose power. That's why I recommended the k&n drop in filter so he can still utilize his ram air scoop in the front the the car.

But like op said, he doesn't want much power so there's no problem with him running this intake. Gives his engine some bling and nice sound under WOT

So why does K&N, AEM, INJEN, and HKS use short ram intakes under the hood? Just for the sound? They are proven power adders. Look it up, or you should know it since you have a "500HP Evo 8."

Making your own would be the same way. As long as it's done right you'll be fine. I'm with TeamHT on this one, you don't know what your talking about.

With my 2.3 Quad motor. Added an SRI to start and had problems. Disconnected batt for 15 min and never had problems since. It's called an idle-air relearn.

lol at you.

Derp.

thanks for the support guys. and i do not believe i have lost any power. the car seams to respond alot better with the sri. and i love the sound. this has been this best $50 i've spent on my car(besides the 1000 or so on my audio)

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

Archived