Guest MegaloManiac

will they have mobo with dual processors to support? this is goin to be a huge demand for pwer, i say atleast 1000watts. its goin to be like having a caraudio amp for a PSU

Very good point Megalo.  Hopefully they will develope a more efficient way on the new dual processor boards to use power because that is a huge concern. I'll be danged If I have to spend $300+ on a power supply double the power of current ones.  I didn't think processors alone ate up power as much as IDE devices or video cards.

cdr

Guest MegaloManiac

think about it, 2 processors using quad core

2 video cards SLI to quad coreing

4 Gb of ram if not more

DVD rom

HDD's

plus maybe an HD sound card!

and all the fancy usb devices,lights,watercoling etc

atleast a 1k is needed in my books

Very good point Megalo.  Hopefully they will develope a more efficient way on the new dual processor boards to use power because that is a huge concern. I'll be danged If I have to spend $300+ on a power supply double the power of current ones.  I didn't think processors alone ate up power as much as IDE devices or video cards.

lol if you can afford a quad core cpu you can afford a $300 psu. those quad core cpus are gonna cost more than my total computer im assuming around the 1500ish range. intel extreme is 1000 so yeah

Guest MegaloManiac

I was always confused about the different AMD types, i mean i know all the differnet series. but i don't understand the "The Clawhammer" ,"San Diego", "Windsor", and "Toledo"

Yeah those names do get confusing but they are just the build of the cores within the processor lines.  They have different abilities for overclocking. But for instance sometimes they vary in specs, I remember when the Athlon XPs were out and they changed from the Palomino core to the Thoroughbred then the Barton.  The difference in those was the jump in L2 cache which was higher on the Barton, and the front side bus speed.

cdr