Second Skin Audio

T lines

i have been messing around with tlines recently and the one i am using is for 1 12 mtx thunder 7000. i was on youtube and saw a guy take his tline and put 4 8's in it, here is the video of what it looks like :

box shows at 6 seconds

I am wondering if that kinda defeats the purpose of a tline, if it doesnt i would like to do it to mine as i dont want to make another box for my other speaker unless i really have too.

Apply what you have learned about t-line theory in regard to port area and cone area then look at that dudes port on that box in the vid. Do you see a problem?

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

yup way too small.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

i useto have a mtx 7000 and it wanged like hell in a sealed box, dunno with ported tho

what ohm is it? mine was 12ohm i think but maby 8ohm

heres the sub i had http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/archive/thunderSub7128.cfm

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I recently picked up a pair of them the thunder 7000's they were relatively cheap. they are the 4 ohm version. im running 1 in the tline right now pushing only 150 watts rms and its impressive for 1 12. i havent tryed them in any other type of box yet though. im looking at putting in the second speaker just lookin for the lazy mans way out to not have to build another box

i figured it was that way the port on his is way to small but for every speaker you add in a tline, you have to account for the added cone area so more square inches righr?

Yes, more drivers means more cone area, means more port area(=more square inches).

The guy in the video isn't the smartest one, i have told him before that it isn't a tline.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Neither one looks like a tline, more ported then anything.....

My T-Line

IMG_0830.jpg

Then X3

100_1422.jpg

These were I believe tuned to 35HZ

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos