Second Skin Audio

T lines

As already stated, the first box the vid shows is an L-Ported box. If you watch his other vids (or even this one) he talks about it. Also, as far as the other one being a t-line (and I think someone mentioned his T-line for his 10 as well), T-lines can incorporate a compression chamber, as both of his do. I don't know the specific theory behind how big you make it and such but it can be used, usually because you can't fit the subwoofer(s) in the line and stay within the constraints of the port area. Most often I have seen this technique used in home theater style t-lines that are basically a small MDF enclosure with large PVC (or sonotube because it cheaper) pipe coming out of the top. So, both the box in this vid and the one for his 10 inch are in fact modified t-lines (the one in this video being more of a modified horn design due to the expansion of the line).

Coleslaw.

None of his boxes are TLines nor folded horns.

Nor are they a mix of those.

It's just his failures that he is trying to give a name, i have asked him how it's called because it's not a Tline and he said 3 different things...

His is just a ported box that is tuned real low, nothing else.

He doesn't even uses wood glue, he uses silicone glue... >< :noob:

Edited by kirill007

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.