Sonic Electronix

So im driving to work when I just so happen to see my front speaker doing some crazy excursion that ive never seen it do,before. So I turned down the sub on my eq to hear how it sounded and the excursion wasnt the same. When I turned the sub up, it went crazy again. Is this harmful? have you heard of this before? Is there something I should do? They still sound clear with the subs up.

What do you mean you turned the sub down on your EQ? The EQ in your head unit? Do you mean you turned down the sub level, or did you turn down the lowest EQ position (like 50 hz or whatever)?

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

What do you mean you turned the sub down on your EQ? The EQ in your head unit? Do you mean you turned down the sub level, or did you turn down the lowest EQ position (like 50 hz or whatever)?

The sub level on my 'external' equalizer.

are these speakers in your front doors or in the rear deck?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Speaker cones usually don't get much flex or excursion from your subs unless the speakers are in the rear deck getting hit with the pressure right there. I'm guessing you don't actually have 8,000watts? so I don't see any way you're moving enough air to actually make your mids move like crazy. You sure you're not adjust your HPF on your mids. I was having a similar problem when one set of mids were moving like crazy and the others weren't and ended up I somehow accidentally switch the Filter on the one set.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Its not that... My amp for the mids n highs is on full.

lol well it shouldnt. put that fucker to 80hz. see if that helps

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.