Sonic Electronix

I finally had my old system installed in my explorer its not anything that good, but its something and for some reason my amp is overheating im using a Power Acoustik 2600 watt BAMF 2-channel amp, and its hooked up to a 2 12 inch Kicker cvr's in a kicker pre-fabbed box. i dont know which more to put but i just need some help cause i can play my music and it hits VERY hard for about 5-20 minutes then goes into protection mode =/

Sounds like the electrical can't keep up and sends the amp into protect from low voltage, gonna have to monitor your voltage and see what its doing but more than likely thats where your problem lays.

that amp can output like 800-1000rms on a guess...i dont think it would be electrical to be honest. arent power acoustik amps sort of notorious for having overheating problems? also yes it could very well be your gain that is the problem OP, that and/or the ohm load that you wired your woofers to

that amp can output like 800-1000rms on a guess...i dont think it would be electrical to be honest. arent power acoustik amps sort of notorious for having overheating problems? also yes it could very well be your gain that is the problem OP, that and/or the ohm load that you wired your woofers to

I took it to an audio store not an hour ago the wattage and voltage was fine it was how the speakers were hooked up in the box, he said it had something to do with the Ohms of the speakers and the way the amp was hooked up. Amp gets warm but never to wear i cant touch it like i used to but thanks anyway guys.

I took it to an audio store not an hour ago the wattage and voltage was fine it was how the speakers were hooked up in the box, he said it had something to do with the Ohms of the speakers and the way the amp was hooked up. Amp gets warm but never to wear i cant touch it like i used to but thanks anyway guys.

i would not trust a shop at all. find a digital multimeter (if you dont have one theyre like $10) and test the ohm load on the amplifier with the woofers hooked up and no music playing and come back with the numbers. also a picture on how you have it wired up.

they found the right answer, the ohm load was too low. it was going to be my guess as well.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.