is this alt any good

id pass, fault alternators usually equaly car on fire or you stranded somewhere.

the only accord alts ive owned worth a shit were EA and DC power...ive never owned a mechman, they werent around when i was looking for mine on the boards. but all those fly by night ebay companies i would not touch, hell id even buy an iraggi alt before those.

i bought 2 alts from that seller b4, the first showed up doa, of which they replaced promptly (i'll give them that), and output was less than factory (tested), and the second was for a friend of mine. his worked for 2 1/2 months, then shot craps. no refund ever given on either, even tho i sent both back. i hate paying for something twice, tryin to go the less expensive route the first time

All I have to say, is that you can buy whatever Alt that you want, but BE CAREFUL.... you get what you pay for, i didnt believe it until it happened to me. I bought a DB Electrical alt off of Ebay, it was supposed to do 220 at max, 115 at idle. It went out on me twice in a months period. Come to find out it did 80 amps max, and i forgot the idle but, my volts without the Headunit on would dip into the 9's. I ordered a Mechman 270 for my car, which was more expensive but Does way more than it says, Now volts can stay around 14.8

Edited by Toady

id pass, fault alternators usually equaly car on fire or you stranded somewhere.

the only accord alts ive owned worth a shit were EA and DC power...ive never owned a mechman, they werent around when i was looking for mine on the boards. but all those fly by night ebay companies i would not touch, hell id even buy an iraggi alt before those.

It's pathetic that in the past I had to drive around with two socket wrenches (one for the tensioner and one for bolts), two 15mm sockets, a belt, and my stock alt when I would go anywhere because my alts did nothing but fail.

Out of the three times they died twice I had enough juice to make it home, but once I didn't. I had to do a roadside change because I didn't have enough power left to make it home (I was over an hour away). I had to swap it out when I got down in the 11's which came out of nowhere (I'm lucky the truck even started)... Luckily I had gloves or I would have been waiting 16 hours for it to cool down enough to swap it out or worse yet I didn't have a spare with me in which case I would have had to spend hundreds on a tow or wait hours for the wife to show up with tools, alt, belt, etc.

What absolutely floors me is that some of these companies do not treat HO alternators as a key part of the vehicle... They create a key component of a vehicle to standards that wouldn't fly at a fluffy steering wheel cover company.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

:lol:

but wait, iraggi is one of those ebay companies. ok, more glorified than that these days but a year ago, definitely.

OP i would listen to mechman. he isnt trying to sell you anything, he is just giving you his expert opinion. and i have read his BIOS, dude has a ton of experience.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

yeah im trying to save for a dc or something but that will take a while

so will a 80amp alt be enough to power 600rms

amps r pioneer gm5400(60 amp fuse rating) and kenwood (25amp fuse rating)

ya, 600w will be fine on stock electrical.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

oh baby

this guy has alts for my car

i thought a high output wouldnt exist for a 96-00 civic, even tho thats what meade runs in the civic build but i just didnt want to go through the hassle of finding one that fits

bad ass! now i have hope to throw a few more kwatts into my system 8)

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

oh baby

this guy has alts for my car

i thought a high output wouldnt exist for a 96-00 civic, even tho thats what meade runs in the civic build but i just didnt want to go through the hassle of finding one that fits

bad ass! now i have hope to throw a few more kwatts into my system 8)

bracket and chevy alt