High End Component recommendations?

jdubs

ive owned the XL and the Mille and prefer the sound of the mille on most types of music. if you listen to stuff like metal or hiphop though and dont have a bitone or anything like that. then i would say XL all day.

Exactly... I was waiting for something like this to come up. Nobody ever asks those questions...

What kind of music do you listen to?

Are you using any sort of advanced processing?

Is your goal clear sound at high volumes?

I'm more into home audio than car... and every time I walk into a high end stereo shop I'm bombed with questions like this. I've been waiting for them here lol.

James, I think we were pushing the financial envelope with suggesting the XL's. Now you want to toss in the Mille? ;) Next we will be talking Thesis peepwall.gif

There really isn't a financial envelope... It all depends on sound. The DD's were just what I could get locally and I was wondering what the competition had in that price range. If I hear something I like more, I'm willing to save up and buy it. Saving for a month or so more isn't as bad as dealing with a sub-par product for a couple years. Haha I saw that thesis... It even looks expensive

lol i can only try

& your doing a pretty good job >:/

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

well at $2100 for a set of thesis 2-way components and $3400 for 3-way... not including the crossovers ($1500 and $2000 respectively) I am saying the Cleveland Browns have a better chance winning the super bowl :)

Remember we were talking about 6x8's and Rockford which would be liking turning in a Jetta for a Maybach

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

well at $2100 for a set of thesis 2-way components and $3400 for 3-way... not including the crossovers ($1500 and $2000 respectively) I am saying the Cleveland Browns have a better chance winning the super bowl :)

Remember we were talking about 6x8's and Rockford which would be liking turning in a Jetta for a Maybach

Ever installed them? Did they sound that much better than the Mille's?

lol I kinda find it unlikely... especially enough to justify the price. Thats around double what I have into my entire bass system... On one set of components. Thats ridiculous.

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Ever installed them? Did they sound that much better than the Mille's?

lol I kinda find it unlikely... especially enough to justify the price. Thats around double what I have into my entire bass system... On one set of components. Thats ridiculous.

and thats part fo the problem ...people will put money into subs and amps all day but highs and nice ab or class a amplification is out of the question for quality.

if all your really doing is looking to justify a priuce tag then honestly none of the "high end" sets are for you.

and thats part fo the problem ...people will put money into subs and amps all day but highs and nice ab or class a amplification is out of the question for quality.

if all your really doing is looking to justify a priuce tag then honestly none of the "high end" sets are for you.

Lol, I thought my rf 600.4 and t1 coaxials were fine. Best I could get a hold of at the time. I'm more than willing to work on the upper range of sound as well, JUST to compare it to my audio system at home. I honestly can't see a car system sounding as good as a home set up due to space & speaker position restrictions. I'm more or less trying to satisfy curiosity.

& I know no sound justifys the price of any speaker. You pay a TON for that last bit of quality sound

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

instalation plays a large part as well. ive heard the same 1000 dollar component set in 5 cars and totally different sound from them. also processing does help alot

Yeah I was looking into the bitone.... just depends on if Ray can help me out or not. I'm waiting for a reply. I might end up going with the DD's if that doesn't work out soon:/

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Yeah I was looking into the bitone.... just depends on if Ray can help me out or not. I'm waiting for a reply. I might end up going with the DD's if that doesn't work out soon:/

I just seen a brand new bit one cheap somewhere. $660....hmmmm

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Archived