I'm getting ready to order an HID kit but I need some questions answered first. Car is a 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale.

1st: what bulbs do I need, I went to the Sylvania sight and found this:

1985 OLDSMOBILE Delta 88 Royale

Low beam headlamp

H4656

H4656ST Silverstar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.

H4656XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

H4656CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

H4656LL Long Life Halogen Upgrade: Lasts 6x longer

High beam headlamp

H4651

H4651ST Silverstar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.

H4651XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

H4651CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

So what DDM bulb is that?

2nd: Do I need an HID harness? drop down menu on it says "Dual In, Dual Our"

and 3rd: How do I know if I need the "Error Eliminator"?

Edited by Berto

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

you sir have a sealed beam, might be alittle harder to find the right HID kit because but correct me if im wrong but you might need the whole headlight assembly to come with the kit :pardon:

something similar to this is what i would think would work for yours

http://www.xtralights.com/4andquotwx6andquothprojectorheadlightsforh4651h4656h4666sealbeamconversion-chromepairhidxenonlightskitpackage.aspx

Edited by BeatBox

x2 they're sealed meaning you cant take the bulb out, everytime the bulb goes out you gotta replace the whole light housing. they DO have housings with HID's in them already but they are uber expensive...

x2 they're sealed meaning you cant take the bulb out, everytime the bulb goes out you gotta replace the whole light housing. they DO have housings with HID's in them already but they are uber expensive...

Depending on the light you can remove the bulb if it's in a sealed housing. For example, in 93-97 camaro headlights you can take the bulb out and replace it with a different one, just need to RTV the bulb back in.

Edited by cfallsguy

You guys are good. lol

I was told I could just buy a new housing for the buld and just buy an HID kit, is that true?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

thats true http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-97-CHEVY-S10-BLAZER-4X6-HEADLIGHTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ250683834732QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3153wt_1024 they are the same as these the bulb is replaceable so u can add hid's and the bulb u would be looking for on ddm is h4

Edited by jl_audio

cowboys_logo.gif

thats true http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-97-CHEVY-S10-BLAZER-4X6-HEADLIGHTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ250683834732QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3153wt_1024 they are the same as these the bulb is replaceable so u can add hid's and the bulb u would be looking for on ddm is h4

Those same one fit my car too, right? Cuz I think that was the same bulb number as the ones on my car.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

that housing right there looks more legit :good: