Second Skin Audio

(3) Lvl 5 18"s. SketchUp Attempt

I would think those subs would want more port area. Might want to hit up team dc derrick, hes used to run 3 lvl 5 18s. now hes running 2.

X2

Doesn't 4 6" Aero ports seem kinda small I mean that might be good for 2 subs, I think I would do close to 200sq in for 3 18"s...I have 108sq in for my 3 15" type Rs...and those 4 aero ports are only like 112sq in

Thanks guys. Ill pm Team DC Derrick. I was thinking it was going to be to small of port area. Cause with Aero's i heard that you should have between 8-12 in^2 per cube.

Does the general box design that I just posted look like it shall work? Im just unsure if the Aero ports have any specific guidelines to follow, as far as placement.

Brandon - Bassless since March 2010. :(

you need almost twice that amount of port area man. :(

Thats what i was thinkin. Only problem I seen was that everytime i adjusted the port size to get more Port Area, my tuning would obviously change and i needed much more port length. I was trying to not have any bends in the ports. Or will that not really matter?

Thats what i was thinkin. Only problem I seen was that everytime i adjusted the port size to get more Port Area, my tuning would obviously change and i needed much more port length. I was trying to not have any bends in the ports. Or will that not really matter?

if the port becomes longer than the depth of the box, then you have to bend them. just a rule of thumb, for however big a port you have, 4 inches for example, you have to keep the port at least 4" away from any wall or woofer.

Try 4 8" Aero Ports that should work out for you nicely for you

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

srry gone

Edited by startinearly95

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

ok sorry for whoring your post but can i get some help? im trying to make a box for a blow through on my 1991 s-10. i want to kind of make a box like a bandpass but instead of plexe glass its gonna be wood and theres gonna be a port that comes out of the back and runs into the cab if you get what im saying can you please try to sketch a box up for me, iv been trying but i cant make the box clear of w/e so that i can make the inside of it im a newbie when it comes to that

Dude create your own thread and have people help you there instead of thread jacking.

Thanks in advance

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Come on man... not to be an asshole but if you're going to run 9kw daily on 3 extremely badass 18s, you don't ask these kinda questions on the internet.

Unfortunately I'm +1'ing to the Alpine-Sniper-BassAddict32 pile of 16-17-18 (19 claimed in this case) year olds dreaming out loud on the internet.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

if the port becomes longer than the depth of the box, then you have to bend them. just a rule of thumb, for however big a port you have, 4 inches for example, you have to keep the port at least 4" away from any wall or woofer.

Ok sweet. I knew that for slot ports, just wasnt sure if it was the same for aero. I think i might have somethin that'll work.

Try 4 8" Aero Ports that should work out for you nicely for you

I was thinkin 8" ports, but i cant find 8" ports anywhere to buy. I didnt look extremely hard but from what i did look, i seen up to 6". Ill punch in some numbers tho to see if that'll work better. I think it shall. I can always find a way to make an aero port.

Come on man... not to be an asshole but if you're going to run 9kw daily on 3 extremely badass 18s, you don't ask these kinda questions on the internet.

Unfortunately I'm +1'ing to the Alpine-Sniper-BassAddict32 pile of 16-17-18 (19 claimed in this case) year olds dreaming out loud on the internet.

I know what you mean man. Im not dreaming tho, this is happening. Its not like its gonna be done tomorrow. Im hopin to buy the subs themselves in a month or so. Then im gonna talk to Iraggi again to see if he can make me 2 of his 380a alts, and 1 250a. Then batteries, then amps.

I can definitely build the system. Im an excellent woodworker. My problem is the tuning part. Im at this stage right now, because I want to make sure I can fit 3 18's in there. And still be able to drive the truck lol (im a tall guy). If i cant fit them in there and maintain a decent amount of airspace, im going to rethink the system. Probably go with either 2 18's or 3 15's.

But i definitely understand where you're coming from man. But i could build this setup using a slot port, but I want to try Aero. And yah i may look/sound dumb asking these basic questions, but i'd rather ask than build it, and waste alot of money/time.

/end of story time.

lol

Some 16-17-18-19 year olds have this kinda money, some don't, but that's still no reason to down his "dream" instead of giving him advice.

You need to find the formula for flares because they add more port area. Best of luck with the wall... :santa:

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Some 16-17-18-19 year olds have this kinda money, some don't, but that's still no reason to down his "dream" instead of giving him advice.

You need to find the formula for flares because they add more port area. Best of luck with the wall... :santa:

Thanks man :) Ill look around for it. You happen to know of any off hand?

* and i wouldnt say i carry this cash. im just good at setting my mind on something and saving for it. which most people my age (19) cant do. Most people my age also dont have the attention span to learn how to do this stuff properly.Atleast everyone i've seen. lol

Edited by basketball_00011