Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Seal Broken


Chamois

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've used clothespins befor with out any problems I like clamps better but they work also if you have a hobby shop near by buy some black ca glue it works the best

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Posted

Don't use epoxy on fricking santoprene rubber...it's never going to bond.

Sand the flange with some 40 grit sand paper and wipe it off with acetone, do not get any acetone on the surround. It was a crappy bond to begin with from the factory...glue and paint do not mix.

You need to bond it with Windo-Weld made by 3m or "The Amazing Goop". You can get it at autozone...

Put a solid bead on it and push it down, if you have a gasket from another 15" sub you can put it around it to hold it down until it dries.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Posted

the glue alpine uses to hold the surround to the basket is garbage i re epoxyed every type r ive owned ( 6 )

get all the epoxy on and have it clamped in place push down on te cone to see if you have coil rub cause once it dries your screwed

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Posted

Okay considering I already have some epoxy, that's what I'm gonna try first ..

It says it's bonds to both metals and rubbers, so it should work ..

What do you mean check if the coil rubs? Check if the cone moves up and down with ease?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Posted

Okay considering I alreDy have some epoxy, that's what I'm gonna try first ..

It says it's bonds to both metals and rubbers, so it should work ..

What do you mean check if the coil rubs? Check if the cone moves up and down with ease?

Yes push in on the sub a bit and if you feel a grinding feeling then the coil moved.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Posted

If I push directly in the center of the cone then there is no noise at all ..

But if I push on the outer sides then I get a little grinding noise, but im assuming thats from shifting it a little bit .. It seems centered to me

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Posted

If I push directly in the center of the cone then there is no noise at all ..

But if I push on the outer sides then I get a little grinding noise, but im assuming thats from shifting it a little bit .. It seems centered to me

When you are re gluing it make sure to keep it centered.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Posted

Don't use epoxy on fricking santoprene rubber...it's never going to bond.

Sand the flange with some 40 grit sand paper and wipe it off with acetone, do not get any acetone on the surround. It was a crappy bond to begin with from the factory...glue and paint do not mix.

You need to bond it with Windo-Weld made by 3m or "The Amazing Goop". You can get it at autozone...

Put a solid bead on it and push it down, if you have a gasket from another 15" sub you can put it around it to hold it down until it dries.

follow this mans advice he builds subs for a living.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1784 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...