Sonic Electronix

Why?

i will tell u why ...DDs can take tonns of power and yes they give high scores ....but in no way r they for MUSIC ...i had DDs (1015,1515,2515,9115) and i heard a lot different setups with DD ... so i know what iam talkin about :good:

Hey tyan, im not tryina hate on you but im saying right now your not correct. My DD2512 blows my buddies fully loaded btl outta the water in sound quality, just because i made my box better. Just remember its 90% build and 10% product.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

i will tell u why ...DDs can take tonns of power and yes they give high scores ....but in no way r they for MUSIC ...i had DDs (1015,1515,2515,9115) and i heard a lot different setups with DD ... so i know what iam talkin about :good:

all the ones ive heard generally had pretty damn good sound quality. my friend Leon has 2 2512s and they pound, play some lows and sound awesome. Ric at Pusle Car Audio runs pretty much nothing but DD and all his set ups sound amazing they get hella loud and the quality of those are all good. may be just the way the set ups are is why you didnt get good SQ but from what ive heard from DD (and its been a lot) they do sound good. even the 9500s which arent supposed to be the cleanest sounding subs.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

this thread is so full of mis information and just bad suggestions its not even funny

i see a probably where most likely the person has no experience with any of those subs, a steer clear of DD with no back up support and telling him NOT to use 15s in a trunk when you dont even know what kind of car it is...this is full of fail and if OP takes advice its misinformation or bullshit

Sorry chode, but if i don't know what trunk it is i always suggest 2 12's, because i have never seen a trunk in real life that can house 2 15's in the perfect enclosure. :peepwall:

This isn't real misinformation, it's just a suggestion, he chooses if he listens to me or not. :):drinks:

(i think it's less fail then saying he needs 2 18's in his trunk...) :peepwall:

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Sorry chode, but if i don't know what trunk it is i always suggest 2 12's, because i have never seen a trunk in real life that can house 2 15's in the perfect enclosure. :peepwall:

This isn't real misinformation, it's just a suggestion, he chooses if he listens to me or not. :):drinks:

just throwing this out there, i had a bud who built a box into his trunk for two HCCA 15's, it was an optimum enclosure for the woofers. it wasnt a wall, they were subs up port back (IIRC), and scored around a 149 on the TL i think.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

considering the fact that he could have a Lincoln Town Car or similar vehicle that he wants to seal off the trunk i could see if very possible to get proper airspace...also since when does anyone ever get a PERFECT enclosure. thats like saying your 10k rated amp will put out 10k watts at 14 volts because your stinger voltage meter says 14 volts...some people want bigger boxes or smaller boxes for different sound and it is possible and realistic. if hes truly looking for 4k watts to power a sub then hes willing to do some work to his car

NoFearX18 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

considering the fact that he could have a Lincoln Town Car or similar vehicle that he wants to seal off the trunk i could see if very possible to get proper airspace...also since when does anyone ever get a PERFECT enclosure. thats like saying your 10k rated amp will put out 10k watts at 14 volts because your stinger voltage meter says 14 volts...some people want bigger boxes or smaller boxes for different sound and it is possible and realistic. if hes truly looking for 4k watts to power a sub then hes willing to do some work to his car

Ok, chode, i'm sorry. :) (next time i'll ask what car.)

But you still need to hide amps and batts.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Ok, chode, i'm sorry. :) (next time i'll ask what car.)

But you still need to hide amps and batts.

touche` hahaha

NoFearX18 said:

trainman0978 said:

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

I have to say, I agree with Tyan!! We tryied tons of different subs in diffretn cars, boxes etc.

If u are looking for a sub that needs a lot of power, makes high numbers on the TL, or if u are listening only ROCK, TRANCE and such music, go with the DD subs! BUT, if u want a daily sub, to listen every day different music, go with the ORION, ASCENDANT AUDIO, FI AUDIO or something like this! This subs can be loud to in a correct setup, and they do good on music unlike the DD subs we tested B)

Archived