Sonic Electronix

heya im in need of some sub to take 4000rms all day long thinking along the lines off the smd 15 maybe 18" or 2 of the hcca 12 or 15...i dont no much about DD subs or what model would take 4k all day (other sub mentions wellcome)

and amp im not 100% on i can get really cheap soundstream amps possibly the 4000d..

not after doing comps maybe if i feel up to it or bored lol just need some daily bass i sit in trafic for 30-45 minutes every day time to move some air

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Read the title, it's not accidently that you have put the SMD first. ;)

SO i would choose the SMD, just because it's so sexy and different then other subs and it's probably the loudest one.(and it probably sound better then those 2 other subs. ;))

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

haha yeh i heard they basicly made bulletproof..altho been looking into btl's aswell not sure tho so many choices..and it a trunk install can fit 1 18 in big box or 2 15's with enough room..altho it would be one smd 15 (so damm expensive over here)

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

i see..there a guy other side country who gets amps hand build in the usa or italy not sure what brand tho forgot but he said at 12volts it will do 4000rms easily and better cooling just need price on that..other amps recomended?

so far the smd i think i shall get

burp setup for fun 152's

haha yeh i heard they basicly made bulletproof..altho been looking into btl's aswell not sure tho so many choices..and it a trunk install can fit 1 18 in big box or 2 15's with enough room..altho it would be one smd 15 (so damm expensive over here)

and u r from ? :peepwall:

i would go with two HCCA15s ...just stay away from DD

this thread is so full of mis information and just bad suggestions its not even funny

i see a probably where most likely the person has no experience with any of those subs, a steer clear of DD with no back up support and telling him NOT to use 15s in a trunk when you dont even know what kind of car it is...this is full of fail and if OP takes advice its misinformation or bullshit

the SMD was designed for daily abuse of 3500 watts of clean power that little extra 500 watts it will take with no problem. the DD 9500 will also handle that kind of power. may have a little less sound quality of the SMD but will handle that kind of power and at those sound levels you wont really notice the difference too greatly. the HCCAs have some HELLA strong coils on them i dont have TOO much information on them but i see some 12s at a show at Carlisle beating for a good amount of time but i dont think it was 4k RMS but it was up there (also was kool i got INSIDE of the box while it was playing)

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Archived