Has Anyone Used One Of These?

I am looking for some feedback on these capacitors. Stinger - SHDH35 - HYBRID 35 farad capacitor. I'm not sure if they are enen in production any more. I'd sure like to have 2 of them. just wondering if you duys had ever had any experience with them?

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

just get a battery...it would be better than having some capacitors

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

it's not that simple. batteries are made to store power not release it quickly. that is what capacitors are made for. I am starting a new build. setup is as follows:

2 rockford T3k's

1 rockford T800

8 rockford T1 12's

3 H.O. alts

3 optima yellow top bateries (1 for each alt)

I'd really like 1 of those stinger caps for each of the T3k's. I have a friend that put 1 on his amps & it made all the difference in the world! he had a JL 500.1 on his highs & 2 JL 1000.1's on 2 W7 10's. 2 yellow top optima batteries & 3 1.2 farad caps on a stock alt. he had to charge his bats all night to get 15 minutes of play out of it. he came across one of those stingers & ended up taking out both batteries & the 3 caps! so he ran a stock alt, 1 stinger 35, 1 JL 500.1, & 2 JL 1000.1's with no problem. I was really suprised myself! He is the type of guy that bangs his shit all day long for hours on end! his lights don't dim, hasn't burnt up anything & amps don't even get hot! I just wanted to see if anyone else had ever used them before with similar results?

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

well I did a build for my brother. 3 rockford Tk1's, 6 kicker L7 12's, 1 rockford T500 for his highs, dual alts, big 3 upgrades, & a batcap 400. we took the batcap 400 out just to see how big of a difference it made & got the same volt readings without it as we did with it. I really was not impressed with the 400 at all. maybe it was too small to make a difference? My sales rep told be that it was equalivalent to 200 - 1 farad caps. I can assure you that 200 - 1 farad caps would have made a huge difference!

dj2q.jpg

well I did a build for my brother. 3 rockford Tk1's, 6 kicker L7 12's, 1 rockford T500 for his highs, dual alts, big 3 upgrades, & a batcap 400. we took the batcap 400 out just to see how big of a difference it made & got the same volt readings without it as we did with it. I really was not impressed with the 400 at all. maybe it was too small to make a difference? My sales rep told be that it was equalivalent to 200 - 1 farad caps. I can assure you that 200 - 1 farad caps would have made a huge difference!

I honestly dont think 200 caps make a difference in any case; a kinetik or even 2 would make a world of a difference...especially with 3 t1k's.

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

well my brothers truck was a daily driver. he had dual alts but only 1 was HO, the other was stock. The charging system just wasn't designed to support more batteries. I know that you guys have been doing this stuff for awhile & I'm open to suggestions about this. I was taught by Roger Hill (acoustic Edge institute, Houston TX) that adding more batteries won't solve a power problem if you don't have a charging system to support them. stock alts are made to charge 1 batt + run the car & not much else. The normal vehichle needs about 45 - 50 amps to run properly. now HO alts are made to put out more juice so you can, most of the time run 2 batteries on a HO alt. In a SPL vehichle it is cool to have 50 batteries because you are gonna burp 1 note for a split second. but a daily driver is totally different. I am going to run 3 alts, 1 stock, 2 HO, 2 yellow tops on each HO alt, & hopefully 2 of these damn stinger caps.

dj2q.jpg

well my brothers truck was a daily driver. he had dual alts but only 1 was HO, the other was stock. The charging system just wasn't designed to support more batteries. I know that you guys have been doing this stuff for awhile & I'm open to suggestions about this. I was taught by Roger Hill (acoustic Edge institute, Houston TX) that adding more batteries won't solve a power problem if you don't have a charging system to support them. stock alts are made to charge 1 batt + run the car & not much else. The normal vehichle needs about 45 - 50 amps to run properly. now HO alts are made to put out more juice so you can, most of the time run 2 batteries on a HO alt. In a SPL vehichle it is cool to have 50 batteries because you are gonna burp 1 note for a split second. but a daily driver is totally different. I am going to run 3 alts, 1 stock, 2 HO, 2 yellow tops on each HO alt, & hopefully 2 of these damn stinger caps.

once you add the HO alts, there will be bo need for a cap...i'd throw in a couple kinetiks and call it a day. caps are just a pure waste of money IMO.

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

My experience with the t3k's is this (now I only have two hc2400's) is they need two hc2400's per amp as they are power hungry. I know they perform exceptionally with sufficient power as I cheated one day and hooked my amps up to our vans battery bank using two per amp (8) and i got the best performance from that than any other tricks i have tried. I have two high output alts also....so i am going to have to build an exterior battery rack and ad 6 more......

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

So you don't have the alts and batteries yet? Why don't you just wait for the alts and yellow tops to be added and if you still feel the need to add a cap, do it. Don't throw money at a new cap if you may not need it.

From what I hear, Kinetiks would be a better choice than the yellow tops, but again, wait til you get everything in and go from there.

1998 Toyota Camry XLE V6Goldwood GW-S650/4 6.5sEA 200a alt2009 Lancer GTSStock jtte2o.gif

a cap wont help, if anything it will hurt you, even though they are designed to give power quickly,they gotta get power from somewhere, and that somewhere is your alternator, it would be just like charging another batt, so so you wanna charge another batt or do you wanna charge a couple of caps?? no differrence in my eyes, though the cap will help with voltage ripples and smooth out the flow.