Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

and thats cool but all i did was mention reasons why a prefab is better for some individuals...not better for everyone. So the rumour is busted cause its not a science for everyone but technically only difference is one is cut by machine, other by hand, both assmebled by hand neither is perfect but its the design that counts...as long as it matches the sub and proper build, then its no different.

prefabs dont match a sub. theyre just made in the cheapest way possible and what would be loudest to someone that doesnt know better. if it matched the sub it would be custom :P

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

prefabs dont match a sub. theyre just made in the cheapest way possible and what would be loudest to someone that doesnt know better. if it matched the sub it would be custom :P

thank you. i really dont think hes understanding that.

sometimes depending personal skill level < prefab. but the does NOT EQUAL prefab > custom

just because it might be better for someone who can not build the box to purchase prefab, only means the prefab was (maybe) better than the would have attempted custom box. but never will the prefab be better than a custom built box designed for what the individual was going for (SQ, spl, SQL, groundpounder etc), his setup (not all speakers have the same specs and therefore differences in box designing are a fact) or looks, or proper use of space.

this is the way i see it. prefab easier but built to be used with NUMEROUS different speakers.

custom much more accurate for specific sub, install, and space providing sound, performance, and more efficiency overall including dimensions, volume, and space. aka BETTER

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

another good one, turning up every frequency on an EQ will make the system MUCH louder

or

adding more speakers provides more SQ to a system

thank you. i really dont think hes understanding that.

sometimes depending personal skill level < prefab. but the does NOT EQUAL prefab > custom

just because it might be better for someone who can not build the box to purchase prefab, only means the prefab was (maybe) better than the would have attempted custom box. but never will the prefab be better than a custom built box designed for what the individual was going for (SQ, spl, SQL, groundpounder etc), his setup (not all speakers have the same specs and therefore differences in box designing are a fact) or looks, or proper use of space.

this is the way i see it. prefab easier but built to be used with NUMEROUS different speakers.

custom much more accurate for specific sub, install, and space providing sound, performance, and more efficiency overall including dimensions, volume, and space. aka BETTER

Really? wow, i didnt realize i said that a box you built to perfectly match your car and sub would be worse than a rectangular prefab....maybe you should what i did not say then instead.

but there are brands that make high quality boxes that most people can't feasably make very well like www.khaotikenclosures.com/ ..and look, they have a 1.25 ft3 sealed that oddly enough perfectly matches the specs JLA recommends for my w6v2's..imagine that.

is it humanly possible to build this better yourself?..did i say otherwise? but its still not obtainable by everyone and not all prefabs are "universal" many designed for specific subs. JLAudio makes some, MTX makes a few..some also build universals...whats your point?

Really? wow, i didnt realize i said that a box you built to perfectly match your car and sub would be worse than a rectangular prefab....maybe you should what i did not say then instead.

but there are brands that make high quality boxes that most people can't feasably make very well like www.khaotikenclosures.com/ ..and look, they have a 1.25 ft3 sealed that oddly enough perfectly matches the specs JLA recommends for my w6v2's..imagine that.

is it humanly possible to build this better yourself?..did i say otherwise? but its still not obtainable by everyone and not all prefabs are "universal" many designed for specific subs. JLAudio makes some, MTX makes a few..some also build universals...whats your point?

if a box is made specifically for one type of woofer or 2 for a certain company, then its not a prefab. a prefab does not match any one sub, its meant to play all subs thatll fit in it.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

adding more speakers provides more SQ to a system

yeah, loud treble is definitely SQ.

Damn I find it so annoying when people really think that.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

yeah, loud treble is definitely SQ.

Damn I find it so annoying when people really think that.

i know. a guy is trying to go for SQ, but hes a complete idiot. i just facepalmed. i told him, go ahead. youll only increase the volume of the noise but you are not adding sound quality. tsk tsk

guy...honestly...for someone attempting to pull of intelligent youre failing. you have no idea the original rumor let alone the capacity to understand your own words. read back, i believe page 7 is when you first posted. the rumor was and i quote, "prefab is better"

your response:

"If you don't know how to work with wood, have proper tools, never done it before...etc. Then yes, this is completely true. Some places don't even sell MDF, and fewer places even build custom boxes with experience with reasonable price. I'm sure that depends where you live, but years ago i asked a local wood shop who specializes in furniture and after i explained my design and explained what a box sub was *sigh...they wanted $300 for a dual 12 ported. So down to lowes i went and got Birch ply, closest they had to MDF and after the glue, screws..etc. i spent nearly $100. so screw anyones idea that custom is always better."

BASICALLY you said because someone can not build a box the way it should, prefab is better. that statement alone is almost as asinine as your logic for why its true. a custom built box done correctly WILL ALWAYS be better than a prefab. yes, i get your point that not everyone can build their own box and so the horrible product they would have had might not have functioned better than a prefab. but because a prefab is better than their failed box does not mean prefab is better than custom.

"Really? wow, i didnt realize i said that a box you built to perfectly match your car and sub would be worse than a rectangular prefab....maybe you should what i did not say then instead."

i think in rereading your own posts you will have proven how incorrect you were. what do you think we were refering to when talking about A CUSTOM BUILT ENCLOSURE. a custom box with designs that were not built the speakers specs, power, space, and install? lol.

Archived