DC and Sundown Explorer - New Vids pg 5!

Well, the Explorer is already doing it's job. I did all of the labor for free, so that he'd just get the word out about how well of a job I do, basically like sponsoring(and because he's one of my good friends). Well, it paid off right away, the first guy that got a demo wants me to hook him up already, and we only had it fully breathing for like 2 hours at that point, business is booming, pun intended, lol :yahoo:

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I really like your box it's definitely heading the right direction, it just needs carpet or something on it. The 4 channel screwed to the side I'm not digging so much you should have incorporated it into you box some how as well.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

I really like your box it's definitely heading the right direction, it just needs carpet or something on it. The 4 channel screwed to the side I'm not digging so much you should have incorporated it into you box some how as well.

If I put it on the box I'd want it sunk in, and we can't sacrifice any more box volume, and there's really no place big enough to do it on the box, because there's going to be a plexi window on the back where it would fit. I actually wanted to hide it away in the dash, but there was no room, it may find itself hidden inside of the side trim panel someday though...

I think it would be beastly to have the four channel in where the sundown is and recone the sub to D1s and run 2 SAZ-3000Ds to it, one on each side of the sub on top of the box.

But in all seriousness, having the 4 channel there keeps it nice and cool and leaves all of the wire runs super short. There's just no room for four people and a kick ass system in a 2 door explorer without having to sacrifice something.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

• 3 weeks later...

UP-UP-UP-UP-UPDATE!

We are getting pretty close to having this setup done. We just need to carpet the box later and get the second alternator.

Anyway, for what we did today, we brushed fiberglass resin into all of the seams, to seal the box completely. I have every bit of confidence that it is airtight now. We also installed the second baffle and we are rebuilding the port, and tuning it for 32 hz. We are rebuilding the port cuz the sub is moving so much air that it rattles the port like crazy, and it's super annoying. anyway here's a few pics. We will post up some more pics later on.

09250440a.jpg

09250440.jpg

09250439b.jpg

09250439.jpg

09250438.jpg

09250439a.jpg

09250441.jpg

09250441a.jpg

09250441b.jpg

09250442a.jpg

09250442.jpg

He's gotta learn how to do it all himself, lol. I can't be there to hook up all of his systems.

09250442b.jpg

09250443.jpg

Oh, and by the way the 3000D is for sale, he wants to get a 3500D for moar powa, pm me if you are interested.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

• 1 month later...

Good news everyone! Guess what was just ordered... A Mechman 270 amp alternator! Stock alternator is going to hell, it barely even charges the batteries back up, and the bass is even unplugged! This will definitely get it back in business. Hope it gets here soon, expect plenty of pics when it arrives. Might even be getting a few more little goodies soon too.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Just for your information dude, i installed my mechman 270 amps alternator on the explorer and it works GREAT, i´m charging at 14.7v and barely drops to 13v with a SD8000.1 and 3 kinetik batteries, you have to tweak a couple of lines so the alt can fit, just make sure matthew send you the right one, he made a mistake on mine and sent the wrong plug but it wasn´t a big deal, i managed to install it without any problems, works AWESOME and best of all, i haven´t change the third wire on the Big3 , so you can say i have a Big2 hehehe, congrats on the new toy!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

damn dude looks great! did you get it metered yet?

and about the team, im super interested in it, ever need any help gettin it goin or what ever just let me know!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Looks great guys, you do some damn good work. Btw I seen your in wisconsin I am too. Pending on where ya maybe we could meet up and exchange demos. My set up is in the sig. Shoot me a pm as to where in wisconsin y'all are at.

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

We just got this in and hooked it up.

11151923a.jpg

11151923b.jpg

11152211.jpg

11152211a.jpg

It works great, bumping for an hour straight running 3500RMS total, and didn't see below 14 the whole time. :yahoo:

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

damn dude looks great! did you get it metered yet?

and about the team, im super interested in it, ever need any help gettin it goin or what ever just let me know!

Thanks. And about the team, we are working on it and we think we're about ready to try to push it out there, you're welcome to join if you want. The team is just for people in (or from) Wisconsin, and I'm thinking of trying to make it legit if we can get like 20 people that want in. PM me if you are interested.

Looks great guys, you do some damn good work. Btw I seen your in wisconsin I am too. Pending on where ya maybe we could meet up and exchange demos. My set up is in the sig. Shoot me a pm as to where in wisconsin y'all are at.

We live in Marinette, it's the farthest northeast you can go in Wisconsin.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Archived