chapo123 Posted August 23, 2010 Report Posted August 23, 2010 alright so my 12 fi btl i got a huge kerf port on it. linky is here http://www.midwestcaraudio.com/1_18_12-Fi-BTL-Custom-Kerf-Enclosure.html wondering if having a kerf will help move mroe air? or if having a super huge kerf affects anything? that box is 2.5 cubes tuned to 32hz which im hoping should be moving air Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
AUDIOADDICT02 Posted August 23, 2010 Report Posted August 23, 2010 I read on another forum that it does nothing audibly, it's just a fancy form of wood working...it does help improve airflow in & out the port.. it would make sense if it did though... however, saying it does helps me sell more kerf port boxes CHECK OUT MY MYSPACE; SOME PAINT WORK I'VE DONE: http://www.myspace.c...customcreationz DODGE RAM 1500 QUAD CAB BOX BUILD: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48978 DODGE RAM 1500 RUMBLEBEE EDITION CUSTOM ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemead...showtopic=48983 PREFAB REMODELING: http://www.stevemead...box-remodeling/ G35 CUSTOM PAINTED L7 BOX: http://www.stevemead...om-painted-box/ CHEVY SINGLE CAB PAINTED SUB BOX/AMP RACK: http://www.stevemead...vy-boxamp-rack/ KICKER L512 BOX BUILT TO SPECS: http://www.stevemead...-kicker-l5-box/ RF HE2 10'S KERF PORTED BOX: http://www.stevemead...erf-ported-box/ 2 DC LEVEL 3 15'S KERF ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/115502-kerf-ported-enclosure/ 2 HCCA 15'S PORTED ENCLOSURE: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129468-2-hcca-15s-enclosure/
chapo123 Posted August 23, 2010 Author Report Posted August 23, 2010 I read on another forum that it does nothing audibly, it's just a fancy form of wood working...it does help improve airflow in & out the port.. it would make sense if it did though... however, saying it does helps me sell more kerf port boxes LOL nice but yeah hoping someone like ed or something will chime in on this? because on my box he made the kerf huge click linky ^^ and i hope it will move air.. picking it up wednesday Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
skittlesRgood Posted August 23, 2010 Report Posted August 23, 2010 it should help. just like a flared port. it will act like a funnel for the air. it really should help out but i have never personally done testing. fritosaregood knows a lot about kerfed ports. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
justinadams Posted August 23, 2010 Report Posted August 23, 2010 fritosaregood is amazing with kerfs. i bought one of his old boxes. and dammmm. he's good. 2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4 hifonics brutus bxi 2610D 1/0 power wire 4 gauge speaker wire ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids C&D technologies battery (100 ah) custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood) 2010 kia forte koup
chapo123 Posted August 23, 2010 Author Report Posted August 23, 2010 it should help. just like a flared port. it will act like a funnel for the air. it really should help out but i have never personally done testing. fritosaregood knows a lot about kerfed ports. which is what i was thinking lol. does it help if the kerf is bigger? or does it not mater as long as its kerfed? Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
fritosaregood Posted August 23, 2010 Report Posted August 23, 2010 well a technical way to put it is, it helps create a more laminar flow by having a radius at the entrance and exit. which end up with less losses in energy and more efficient, thats why ppl often use less port area when using flared pvc ports. it will also help alot with port noise seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
craracer05 Posted August 23, 2010 Report Posted August 23, 2010 I would bet you wouldn't audibly be able to notice but you might gain spl due to smoothing of airflow. 2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge 1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater 2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back
chapo123 Posted August 23, 2010 Author Report Posted August 23, 2010 well a technical way to put it is, it helps create a more laminar flow by having a radius at the entrance and exit. which end up with less losses in energy and more efficient, thats why ppl often use less port area when using flared pvc ports. it will also help alot with port noise so basically it would move more air then a slot port tuned to the same frequency and sub and cubic feet? with same amount of port area.? Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
chapo123 Posted August 23, 2010 Author Report Posted August 23, 2010 and it also strenghs the box because of fiberglassing right? Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.