Sonic Electronix

Which of these subs should i go for?

The Assassin can't compete with the 1512 in power handling... The 1512 will simply outperform the Assassin...

The DD512b would be more similar than the 1512 to the Assassin... and the Assassin is even specified per AA site as a low power SQ sub.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Guest grim83

The Assassin can't compete with the 1512 in power handling... The 1512 will simply outperform the Assassin...

very true but if he was willing to get a better line then id back the ascendant all the way.

very true but if he was willing to get a better line then id back the ascendant all the way.

Then you can simply get a better line from DD... from what he asked the 1512 would stomp the Assassin in the ground...

edit: I'm so sick of seeing brand hugging on this forum recognize a better woofer regardless of its manufacturer...

My YouTube Videos

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

Then you can simply get a better line from DD... from what he asked the 1512 would stomp the Assassin in the ground...

edit: I'm so sick of seeing brand hugging on this forum recognize a better woofer regardless of its manufacturer...

Thanks, most likely i'd probably go for the 1512, if not then ill go for a 512b. To be honest the main reason i even mentioned the aa was because of meade using AA, even though he has like the best AA's you can get..any other suggestions? thanks.

Edit: Would any of you reccomend a type r over a 1512?

Type R is cheap and effective, but when it comes down to it I'd take the DD1512 over it... I personally would never run a Type R, 1512 on the other hand is a nice woofer that I would mind running, they sound good and get get loud, also handle a boat load more than there RMS power rating.

My YouTube Videos

Type R's are a joke.. an AA, DD, AQ, DC, RD or any other brand at the same price will eat them alive.

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

Guest grim83

sorry if it seems im brand hugging but what i was trying to get at is that its really an odd selection, do i like ascendant more yes, but a better sub is a better sub thats why ive been saying the dd its just each of the three choices are for different applications

Type R's are a joke.. an AA, DD, AQ, DC, RD or any other brand at the same price will eat them alive.

I can see why you've said that, most mainstream subs are made in china right? And those other brands such as DD are built in the USA its another reason why ill probably go for the DD.

sorry if it seems im brand hugging but what i was trying to get at is that its really an odd selection, do i like ascendant more yes, but a better sub is a better sub thats why ive been saying the dd its just each of the three choices are for different applications

AA and DD is not popular here in the UK, wasnt sure of their performance even at entry level

Archived