CompuStar horn disabling HELP ME!!!

Ok, so my dad has a compustar rf-1wg2-am remote starter in his 1997 chevy tahoe. personally i hate the remote starter on his tahoe as well as another compustar remote starter on my moms car which i hate since they cannot be programmed like my omega remote start/alarm can be. but thats besides the point. im having a ton of problems with my dads remote start in particular. he has the horn output wired up and it does NOT silence at all. i tried to hold the lock and unlock buttons for 5 seconds like the manual says and it will flash the lights and when you unlock, lock, or pop the hatch with the remote the damn horn goes off. ive tried to do this 3 times and nothing makes a difference no matter how long i wait. is there anything you can direct me toward in possibly finding the lead that the horn is tapped into to shut the horn off? my dad hates the horn feature and since he locks/unlocks the truck a ton and he did that so much that he burned out the stock horn on his tahoe and has an aftermarket horn that has a fucked up note and it sounds like a toyota. lmao.

But any help with this would be greatly appreciated. i cant figure it out and thats pathetic. lol.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Ok, so my dad has a compustar rf-1wg2-am remote starter in his 1997 chevy tahoe. personally i hate the remote starter on his tahoe as well as another compustar remote starter on my moms car which i hate since they cannot be programmed like my omega remote start/alarm can be. but thats besides the point. im having a ton of problems with my dads remote start in particular. he has the horn output wired up and it does NOT silence at all. i tried to hold the lock and unlock buttons for 5 seconds like the manual says and it will flash the lights and when you unlock, lock, or pop the hatch with the remote the damn horn goes off. ive tried to do this 3 times and nothing makes a difference no matter how long i wait. is there anything you can direct me toward in possibly finding the lead that the horn is tapped into to shut the horn off? my dad hates the horn feature and since he locks/unlocks the truck a ton and he did that so much that he burned out the stock horn on his tahoe and has an aftermarket horn that has a fucked up note and it sounds like a toyota. lmao.

But any help with this would be greatly appreciated. i cant figure it out and thats pathetic. lol.

You don't hold for 5 seconds you hold for 1/2 second. or .5 seconds.

2009 Db Drag National Champ, Super Street No Wall

Team XS-SPL

Team Hertz/Audison

Team Crossfire Car Audio

California's reason for earthquakes!

"If you ain't first, your last!"

You don't hold for 5 seconds you hold for 1/2 second. or .5 seconds.

wow, that worked. thanks so much!!!!! i read the stupid manual and it said 5 seconds.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

alright, so since you helped me with that stupidly easy question maybe you can help address these...

1.) How do you get into the programmer feature so that i can decrease the amount of time the engine cranks to do a remote start?

Right now the engine will crank for about 2.5 to 3 seconds before it either turns the engine over, or if the engine is extremely cold (about 20 degrees Fahrenheit) it will not succeed and will retry the engine starting sequence. Since the engine is usually warm (around 40 to 90 degrees) it starts in like 1.5 to at the most 2 seconds. since it goes this fast and the remote start doesnt catch up on it i wanted to stop the starter grinding that occurs.

2.) When i shut off the car and get out of it and lock up the doors the interior lights stay on for a good 2 minutes. how can i decrease the time or make it so that when i hit the lock button that the interior lights turn off?

Again, i looked at the installer menus and im confused as hell at how to program this unit. any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!!!

you can hook up the tach wire instead of a timed crank

and the doome light staying on is a factory thing.

nothing to do with the alarm.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

you can hook up the tach wire instead of a timed crank

and the doome light staying on is a factory thing.

nothing to do with the alarm.

ok, so how do you wire a tach wire? i have no clue how to do that. ill admit it, im a noob at remote start/security systems but the guys we bought the remote start from screwed up both the vehicles we had them install. if you guide me through it i can do it i can do it.

Tach wire is yellow/black on the unit you'll want to run it under the hood though a safe location, through the firewall and hook it to the white wire on the distributor. Tach programs differently depending on how old the unit is. The dome light is definitely a factory thing, compustar will only hold lights on 45 seconds if hooked up. If i was you I would take it to an authorized compustar dealer and pay to have everything setup the right way you want.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

even if u hook up tach u still have to take it to a dealer to turn off the voltage scence or timed crank whatever the lazy installer did and put it back on tach scencing

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC