So while browsing and researching through google and smd I noticed two things.

1. The recommendations of high output Alts and extra batteries

2. No easily reachable chart giving a general rule of thumb of what to upgrade to.

Y'all understand what I'm trying to convey? something like wattage * total fuse rating of amp(s) for X alt battery combination.

If someone has something like that it would be great if not would someone be willing to assist me in creating one for future reference?

So while browsing and researching through google and smd I noticed two things.

1. The recommendations of high output Alts and extra batteries

2. No easily reachable chart giving a general rule of thumb of what to upgrade to.

Y'all understand what I'm trying to convey? something like wattage * total fuse rating of amp(s) for X alt battery combination.

If someone has something like that it would be great if not would someone be willing to assist me in creating one for future reference?

There is no rule of thumb for something like this as far as i know. Its mainly like, get the biggest alt you can find because you don't have much of a choice over stock.

Here is a link about alternators

And a link about batteries

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I so posted those videos up in the other alternator battery post lmao.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

2006 Chevy Trailblazer ~ KX 1200.1 ~ 2 Skar VVX 15" ~Big 3 upgrade ~ Pioneer AVH 4100 ~ 275 Amp Singer Alt ~ PRV 6.5 front doors~ 6000K Hids

Boon's chart:

4kw = 1 battery

7kw = 2 batteries

10kw = 3 batteries

Done.

If you're running more than 10kw, wtf are you doing asking the internet about electrical upgrades.

Same goes for 7kw, and probably 4kw. And if you need to ask the internet, your system probably isn't big enough to need them

:peepwall:

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Boon's chart:

4kw = 1 battery

7kw = 2 batteries

10kw = 3 batteries

Done.

If you're running more than 10kw, wtf are you doing asking the internet about electrical upgrades.

Same goes for 7kw, and probably 4kw. And if you need to ask the internet, your system probably isn't big enough to need them

:peepwall:

I don't agree have done tons of cars were a single t600.6 at 2 ohm or t15001bdcp will kill a car with just one battery. Also just had a car today with a t25001bdcp and t1004 with three batteries and the subs kept cutting out because there wasn't enough power. i would definitely say you total amp rating is the only way to rate your electrical. I mean waht if had three red tops at 50 aH a piece or I had kinetik 2400 that's 120ah by itself????

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

I don't agree have done tons of cars were a single t600.6 at 2 ohm or t15001bdcp will kill a car with just one battery. Also just had a car today with a t25001bdcp and t1004 with three batteries and the subs kept cutting out because there wasn't enough power. i would definitely say you total amp rating is the only way to rate your electrical. I mean waht if had three red tops at 50 aH a piece or I had kinetik 2400 that's 120ah by itself????

Not my problem if cars you wire up shit themselves all the time. Maybe you should take a long hard look at how you're installing them.

I've run a 10kw+ system off a grand total of 3 batteries and a stock 90A alt. Total Ah rating was ~300.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Not my problem if cars you wire up shit themselves all the time. Maybe you should take a long hard look at how you're installing them.

I've run a 10kw+ system off a grand total of 3 batteries and a stock 90A alt. Total Ah rating was ~300.

I know what you mean. At king of socal, Apline was running a Stetsom 7k at 1ohm, off a stock alt and a KHC1800 and 2400. And was demoing a lot, plus burping, and bassracing.

Still disagree with you statements are way too general most times issues can be traced to a puny 10 gauge ground from chassis to battery there are just too many variables to say hey two batteries will always do this three will always do this also when I say kill I mean the lights are dimming like crazy car is seeing anywhere from 10 to 11.5 volts

Edited by craracer05