Sonic Electronix

Beginners budget build. Around 500-600$. suggestions =)

Hello friends.I am just getting into car audio and need a few suggestions on what by best bet would be for my beginner audio system. I really dont want to spend more that 600$. I would actually like to spend less than that. I want something that slams fairly hard but not break budget. Here is what i have so far. Tell me what would be the best. Or add something that I dont already have. Thanks everyone. Keep in mind. This is for a car that i do not yet have(but am hoping for in the near future(next few months).Im not concerned about the head unit right now. Just the essentials.

Subs(12"): Fi SSD, Kicker CVX, Alpine Type-R,

Amp(this is where im stuck): Alpine MRP-M500, Rockford Prime 500.1, Kenwood KAC-9104D, Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D(really stretching the price. last resort)

Box: It will be ported 1.8 cu^3

In a perfect world I would like the price of the sub and amp to be around 400 to leave a little room for everything else. Thanks

Guest grim83

Hello friends.I am just getting into car audio and need a few suggestions on what by best bet would be for my beginner audio system. I really dont want to spend more that 600$. I would actually like to spend less than that. I want something that slams fairly hard but not break budget. Here is what i have so far. Tell me what would be the best. Or add something that I dont already have. Thanks everyone. Keep in mind. This is for a car that i do not yet have(but am hoping for in the near future(next few months).Im not concerned about the head unit right now. Just the essentials.

Amp(this is where im stuck): Alpine MRP-M500, Rockford Prime 500.1, Kenwood KAC-9104D, Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D(really stretching the price. last resort)

In a perfect world I would like the price of the sub and amp to be around 400 to leave a little room for everything else. Thanks

ok with those choices id get the ssd and either the alpine or the rockford amps. now i would invest in a decent head unit because i can tell you from experience that if your head unit sucks so will your whole system.

im thinking a lil different man.. give the guys a dc a call check out a level 3 sub.. i dont know what kinda car you have or are planning to get but there are excellent subs at a fair price..(contact them to find out price) or if that doesnt work you can go to audiosavings and look in to the re subs. the se's are ok but depending on buget and what it allows ied shoot for the sx's and let me how you this how can you build or have box specs with no sub or car.. thats prob gonna change just to let you know.. and alos look at the amps they carry a audiosavings they have a decent price on the amp you are looking for.. just my 2 cents..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

look at my build log for ideas cuz our budget is the same

id say either a fi x12(with bp) or a ssd 12

and a rf prime 500.1

and a pionner 3200 hu

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Fi SSD(stock) 200 shipped

AP amp for 114 above

4 gauge amp kit 30

Alpine CDA-102 for 150

Putting you on the 500 mark!

The Alpine CDA-105 @ Amazon.com = 159.99 upgrade from the 102

No car at the moment.