99% done with two 15s bedroom build!

how do you keep that battery charged? Just throwing this out there since it is a small amp if you have a desktop computer you could just hook it up to the power supply in that... I did that with my terminator 400 watt amp and it ran like a champ. nice setup tho, if I had room I'd do something like that too.

Tried hooking it up to a desktop when I was testing it. It draws way too much power and shuts off the power supply at the first bass drop.

I have a 10A battery charger. The battery is a marine deep cell and holds a charge like a mother! This battery spent about a year in my backyard next to the air conditioner units too haha. I can get about 4-5 hours total of full tilt play. This usually lasts a week because I don't jam all day and especially not when my pops is home.

Is that a roll of 8 gauge on your shelf? What would it take for me to get at like 20ft of it? :peepwall:

Trust me, you don't want this "8" gauge wire...

Its like 90% plastic, the wire part fits inside the 12 gauge wire crimps from radio shack. I will be using it as speaker wire for my subs when I get my car back and build the new box. I got like 250 feet of it for 50 bucks on ebay, which is a deal, if it was real 8 gauge haha

Its "Theinstallbay" wire so if you see that around, try and stay away unless youre ordering some 0/1 and really want 4 gauge haha

I actually use it in my boat tho, the TIS amp that you used to have doesn't need much more haha thats what I'm running in the boat

IMG_2413.jpg

TY

Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy

Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G.

Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3...........

Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right?

yep.....:)

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

nice, does it shake the shelf's? you would have a bad day if one of those speakers fell lol sound clean! :good:

shakes the shelves like no other

I had a tool box on the top shelf that fell after the first 5 minutes. Now everything up there is pretty stable.

It sounds pretty damn clean tho like you said

ty

TY

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

mouse pointer flex

theres better songs but i have to ride to class so ill look for them later

ty

TY

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

Tried hooking it up to a desktop when I was testing it. It draws way too much power and shuts off the power supply at the first bass drop.

I have a 10A battery charger. The battery is a marine deep cell and holds a charge like a mother! This battery spent about a year in my backyard next to the air conditioner units too haha. I can get about 4-5 hours total of full tilt play. This usually lasts a week because I don't jam all day and especially not when my pops is home.

Nice Nice, yea I forget I have a big ass power unit in my desktop cuz the video card takes like 30 amps and the amp i used was like 40 amps max and was pushing 2 8" subs, but the battery's cool too lol

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

yeah i wish i could use a powersupply, charging it isnt so fun. Plus it would free up a third battery for my boat

its primarily used for wake boarding so the extra weight is welcomed and embraced haha, not to mention, its a spare to the spare to start the damn thing

TY

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

• 4 weeks later...

Nice, all the way. About the screws and the wood splitting I think it was because you used very long screws. Like some one mentioned, they're only there to hold the box while the glue cures, not to keep the box together if there wasn't any glue. Now adding to that, when I did my box I used either 1"1/4 or 1"1/2 don't remember but they worked fine, I pre-drilled, and there was no cracks anywhere.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Nice, all the way. About the screws and the wood splitting I think it was because you used very long screws. Like some one mentioned, they're only there to hold the box while the glue cures, not to keep the box together if there wasn't any glue. Now adding to that, when I did my box I used either 1"1/4 or 1"1/2 don't remember but they worked fine, I pre-drilled, and there was no cracks anywhere.

thanks man!

i predrilled too, but i think i was using like 2" screws atleast for this build. I was thinking the screws were doing more work than the glue.

This is the point of this build. I got $40 dollar speakers on ebay, so even if they didnt work, i would have awesome 15" paperweights. I bought them to gain experience with the big wood working. My last box was a sealed set up with two 12s in two chambers, 1 cu ft each. Pretty simple. I am thinking about doing some sort of fiberglass enclosure for my boat next since its getting to be nicer out down here. I live in Miami so 90+ degree weather with 150% humidity and thousands of mosquitoes is a pain in the ass.

This build was mostly to work the kinks out on 40 dollar pyles that I'll always enjoy due to the cheapness/ease of the build, rather than doing 1 or 2 rebuilds when I get my car back to make everything just the way I want. But thatll probably be the case anyways haha :pardon:

Anyways cheers for checkin it out and the advice. :drinks:

smaller screws, pre drill, check!

ty

TY

Two Pyle 15"s Build log

mouse pointer flex

theres better songs but i have to ride to class so ill look for them later

ty

Lol, thats pretty cool, you can see the reflection of the window move with the beat too from the screen moving. I took my 2 8's ported around 34 hz out of my car (cuz I'm at college and didn't bring my car) and had them set up in my room running off a computer power supply and it shakes like everything in my house. Its pretty cool.

Archived