doing my alarm had some questions

ok I broke out my 5901 last night and forgot just how many wires there were for this thing. Its going to be simple remote start/alarm for now I doubt I'll put anything else on there. maybe a tilt sensor but thats about it. I just had a few questions regarding the PLJX wiring since its been so damn long. This is going in a 98 Chevy k1500

Ground when running(brown) Goes to the white/blue off the 5901 for the remote start activation input correct?

Vehicle Key Sense - this does go to ground in this model correct? I think so and know to hit it with a meter before hand.

Passlock Resistor value wire (Blue) goes to the orange in the VATS bundle correct?

Start Wire (Violet) gets tied into the starter kill right? And vehicle side correct? (told you its been awhile lol)

pink red and black all get tied into the ignition 12volt constant and ground respectively.

Everything else looks pretty straightforward. Good thing I can park this pig and drive something else if i get stuck.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ok I broke out my 5901 last night and forgot just how many wires there were for this thing. Its going to be simple remote start/alarm for now I doubt I'll put anything else on there. maybe a tilt sensor but thats about it. I just had a few questions regarding the PLJX wiring since its been so damn long. This is going in a 98 Chevy k1500

Ground when running(brown) Goes to the white/blue off the 5901 for the remote start activation input correct? correct

Vehicle Key Sense - this does go to ground in this model correct? I think so and know to hit it with a meter before hand. should'nt need that

Passlock Resistor value wire (Blue) goes to the orange in the VATS bundle correct? YEs sir

Start Wire (Violet) gets tied into the starter kill right? And vehicle side correct? (told you its been awhile lol) yes, and yes..lol

pink red and black all get tied into the ignition 12volt constant and ground respectively. yes, just ground in the kick though

Everything else looks pretty straightforward. Good thing I can park this pig and drive something else if i get stuck. 10-4 rubberduck

Edited by Ray
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

thats why you are the man sir

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Passlock 2 r-code wire is going to be yellow not orange

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Passlock 2 r-code wire is going to be yellow not orange

think older..

hell, the 1500 might not even need it.. haha

just see if it will crank without a r-code at all

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

think older..

hell, the 1500 might not even need it.. haha

just see if it will crank without a r-code at all

He said 98 so I assumed it was a silverado... in which case it would need the pljx. If it is a k1500 it probably doesn't need anything(I thought 97 wast the last year for them?). Ohh well I'm sure he will figure it out when he goes to remote start it ;)

*edit*

Ok Ray now you got me thinking. I can't remember ever hitting/cutting an orange wire for passlock2 or passlock1? I even dug out an old 555L manual out of the bottom of my box because I remembered them listing off the r-code colors and all thy list are yellow or yellow/black.

Or are you talking about the old VATS systems with the orange coating with two white wires inside?

Edited by Shyne151

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

damn you two alarm nerds are confusing me lol.

its a 1998 Chevy K1500 as the model 98 is the last year 99 becomes the silverado. I have the directechs for it. Just wanted to make sure I wasnt hacking something up.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High