Second Skin Audio

SMD 18 vs DC LVL 5 18.....winner has been chosen on pg 9

CJ18

good shit bro sounds like fun!! Oh and i wasnt jokin about the SMD's in the Honda.....full plans to do so and SOON. 4 RF T4000.1bd's on 2 18's in a wall should get interesting. I just need to get the siezed up Irragi alt out and get the new Mechman alt in so i can actually move the car without smoking the shop out (belt sliding over a seized up pully).

now that i am getting healthy i have a new outlook and some fire under my feet......this will be interesting. I am also planning on getting a serious HOOPTY to go buck wild with.

uh oh. Meade pick up a truck like mine or andrews. Ton of space to build in. cheap and you can lay that thing on its dick when its all said and done.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i will say this, as soon as someone does a PURE SPL build, you will see your numbers. So far everyone has built for groundpounding. That box built by defiant, sorry bro but that box was not right for any kind of number. I would NEVER put that port in the front. I have heard those before and they sound pretty good (port in front) but that doesnt do numbers at all. Hummers in general dont do good numbers.

If someone builds JUST for numbers and uses an SMD, i think you all will be surprised.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

No harm intended, but alot of the SMD installs I've seen REALLY do not do them justice. To make noise the way they are put in some setups makes me suprised they do what they are given the circumstances.

Trippis Hummer, I dont believe it will ever play to its potential or surpass the numbers Steves Tahoe is throwing out due to the amp rack. But dont quote me on that till they turn it up.

I know with our 4 SMD18s in a wall, doing 153s @ 30Hz with JUST 500w per sub shows they are not inefficient. Installed right and without comprimise they will tear shit up. Imagine when its up at 5kw per driver.. We could care less if it did a 160 @ 55Hz+.. hardly musical and just pointless pissing up the wall if you ask me, unless fart box's are your thing!

www.BladeICE.com

UK/European Distributors

Ascendant Audio

Fi Car Audio

XS Power

KnuKonceptz.co.uk

Facebook

Youtube Channel

EXACTLY!!!!!!

No harm intended, but alot of the SMD installs I've seen REALLY do not do them justice. To make noise the way they are put in some setups makes me suprised they do what they are given the circumstances.

Trippis Hummer, I dont believe it will ever play to its potential or surpass the numbers Steves Tahoe is throwing out due to the amp rack. But dont quote me on that till they turn it up.

I know with our 4 SMD18s in a wall, doing 153s @ 30Hz with JUST 500w per sub shows they are not inefficient. Installed right and without comprimise they will tear shit up. Imagine when its up at 5kw per driver.. We could care less if it did a 160 @ 55Hz+.. hardly musical and just pointless pissing up the wall if you ask me, unless fart box's are your thing!

i dont want to imagine. I want to see the video when you do it. Stop being scared. lol

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Chris is doing a 15" challenge over on caco. Why not throw the SMD in the mix.? He's don many woofers, level 4 XL as well. The incriminator warden was the loudest so far. He hasn't wven tested a level 5 yet. That's just the first phase as well with optimum enclosures.

I vote do eet :woot:

That shit is not consistent if you ask me, all 15's like different boxes and they all aren't the same ohm load thus getting different wattages. Also it isn't chris, its David.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Scared? not at all. We've ordered the XS Power D1400s.. and next is amps. Sucker is geared up.. And its by far ill sounding, pretty much flat to within a dB and a half from 24-40Hz. Now, for ground pounding that is where its at. Thats no magical enclosure, its a flat wall built WELL with no comprimises. Other subs, wouldnt do the same without being peaky as fock.

If I could switch out my 12 Mayhem 18s for SMDs, i'd do it in a heartbeat, only just 6 of them. But I wont be going down that road just yet!

www.BladeICE.com

UK/European Distributors

Ascendant Audio

Fi Car Audio

XS Power

KnuKonceptz.co.uk

Facebook

Youtube Channel

Scared? not at all. We've ordered the XS Power D1400s.. and next is amps. Sucker is geared up.. And its by far ill sounding, pretty much flat to within a dB and a half from 24-40Hz. Now, for ground pounding that is where its at. Thats no magical enclosure, its a flat wall built WELL with no comprimises. Other subs, wouldnt do the same without being peaky as fock.

If I could switch out my 12 Mayhem 18s for SMDs, i'd do it in a heartbeat, only just 6 of them. But I wont be going down that road just yet!

lol i was just busting balls.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

That shit is not consistent if you ask me, all 15's like different boxes and they all aren't the same ohm load thus getting different wattages. Also it isn't chris, its David.

i couldnt remember if it was David or Chris.

i thought he was supposed to be putting them in each of there optimal enclosures for the 2nd part of the tests?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

good shit bro sounds like fun!! Oh and i wasnt jokin about the SMD's in the Honda.....full plans to do so and SOON. 4 RF T4000.1bd's on 2 18's in a wall should get interesting. I just need to get the siezed up Irragi alt out and get the new Mechman alt in so i can actually move the car without smoking the shop out (belt sliding over a seized up pully).

now that i am getting healthy i have a new outlook and some fire under my feet......this will be interesting. I am also planning on getting a serious HOOPTY to go buck wild with.

Wow cant wait to see this!! At least if one thing was accomplished in this thread it seems Steve has been given new motivation to start doin some serious work again!!!

Archived